Anyone been to Miraval?

Search

Anyone been to Miraval?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone been to Miraval?

Hi all. Have reservations for the Miraval Spa in September. In my late 20s and going by myself. Have no idea what's in store for me and would appreciate anyone telling me about their experience there.

Also, is it a good place for a solo traveler? And, I know it's a luxury resort, but are people dressed casually or to impress.

thanks.
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 03:14 AM

ttt
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 05:38 AM

Hey, Bo --
I have a friend who was there last May, solo. She loved it! She doesn't read Fodor's so I'll ask her for more specific info for you, and get back, hopefully today. I know she wouldn't have dressed to impress, but I'll see what she says about others.
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 07:29 AM

Here's my friend's reply: "I'm delighted to have the opportunity to tell someone about it.
I went there in March, alone(I'm 58) and enjoyed it very much. There were people of all ages and interests there; one couple was from Argentina! It's a very casual, relaxed atmosphere for the guest, but the service level is very high. You'll enjoy wonderful spa treatments and people wear the spa robes and fli-flops everywhere, even to dinner! There are activities for all ages and interests, too - mountain biking, horseback activities, classes (nutrition, yoga, meditation, photography), hikes, nature walks, etc. There are a number of pools and the grounds are beautiful.

Food is very good and served in a very nice restaurant-style atmosphere. Dress is casual - people in groups tended to dress up a bit more, the couples and singles tended to be more casual. You won't need a dress unless you want one! Check out their website (www.miravalresort.com) and click on the activities tab for an overview or call them and ask for a brochure - it's absolutely mind-boggling how much there is to do. My biggest challenge was trying to schedule all the things I wanted to do into a week -- it was impossible!

It's a great place for a solo traveler because even those who come with a friend or spouse often attend different activities. People are friendly and open.
I hope you enjoy your visit as much as I did. I definitely hope to be able to go back there someday!"
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 07:34 AM

Miraval is wonderful. I was there a few weeks ago. The temperature was over 100 degrees everyday, and it was still an amazing experience.

I went alone, but everyone is so friendly that I ended up making new friends.

I can't wait until I can go back. There is talk that Miraval is expanding, in the future. I hope they don't ruin the overall feeling or turn it into a McSpa.