Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Anybody know if Mount Tremblatt has snow 11/28?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 07:25 AM
Sloane

Just curious the ski season starts November 22, think they can keep man made snow long.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 07:54 AM
xxx

I never heard of Mount Tremblatt. If you are referring to, as I suspect you are, Mont Tremblant in the Quebec Laurentians chances are that there will not be much snow. Last winter, the ski season only really began in January.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 07:56 AM
canada

You might want to check on the CANADA forum with this question.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 08:00 AM
Sloane

Yes and my apolgies for the confusion? Wanted to put this on the Canadian forum just seems like forums outside the U.S and European boards move at a snails pace

Thanks xxx that is very helpful I just made reservations I guess I will cancell.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 08:13 AM
xxx

I don't want to discourage you from your trip; I love Tremblant. With regards to the snow, however, there is never any guarantee. This year obviously may not be the same as the last. How can anyone be expected to know now if there will be sufficient snow for skiing in November?!?

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 08:49 AM
Sloane

Well I know that El Nino could make it a dry winter for us. I have only been to the Gaspe peninsula and they told me that it starts snowing in September there, so I guess that put the rest of Quebec in a good snow spot. I may have been speaking with an exaggerator though. Thanks for your knowledge, I don’t want the gamble.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 09:55 AM
xxxxxxxx

No.
They have a dream there

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 10:33 AM
Madame Zena

Exactly what time on 11/28 are you interested? I'll check my crystal snow ball.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 10:35 AM
God

Q:

A: God.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 10:59 AM
Adam

Hi Sloane ignore the Einstein contingent. I know the area, I would say it is touch and go. Last year was a weak year for snow. I heard the same news about El Nino but for the Pacific Northwest not Quebec. I do remember having snow other times in November.

ANY ALMANAC will give you predictions for the up coming winter you don't have to be divine to read. Must be someone out there that has read this and can tell us what Quebec is expecting this winter. Have you tried going on line there are always websites for this. So many businesses up here rely on knowing the weather for the up coming season.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 01:31 PM
sj

No - don't count on it. Check Mount Tremblant's own website for much more info.

My boss' family goes each year and several times has had to postpone & change the dates until January for better chances of snow.

Check the Canada forum too.