Any one stayed at The Lodge at Sonoma?

Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 11:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any one stayed at The Lodge at Sonoma?

I'm planning a trip in the early fall and can use some of the 500k points we have with Marriott at this place. We have always stayed at Auberge in Napa but I find I prefer Sonoma wines these days and would like to concentrate the trip there.
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 01:19 PM

I've stayed there with a group while celebrating Mother's Day. We stayed in a cottage room. The grounds are nice, but since it is new the foliage has not grown enough to offer much shade. Our room had a patio that looked out onto the neighboring residential street. The room itself was large with a living room area, fireplace, king bed, deep soaking tub and large glass shower. To note, the bathtub is only divided from the rest of the room by shutters, no door per se. We had some food by the pool and it was fine. The bar scene in the evening was hopping and fun. The pool was nice and cool on a hot May day. They also offer wine tasting but we didn't try it. I would definitely stay there again and would like to try the spa. We didn't venture into the spa because I was put off that it costs hotel guests and additional $35 per day to use the spa facilities (steam room, etc.). If you book a treatment the use of the spa is included.

It is located about a mile from Sonoma Square but walking there is not a great idea because there are no sidewalks for part of the distance. However, it is very close for a quick drive to the Square for dinner. We had a great meal at Della Santina's. I'd also highly recommend Cafe La Haye.
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 01:24 PM
Original Poster

thanks for your reply. I'm definitely leaning towards it. It is much less expensive than Auberge de soleil, leaving me $ for the spa and more wine! LMF
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 04:37 PM

I just returned from a two night stay at the Lodge at Sonoma. The rooms are huge and beautifully appointed. The restaurant is fabulous. We ordered room service (a bit pricey) but it was an excellent meal. We didn't have time to avail ourselves of the wine tasting or spa but would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who would like to relax in a beautiful setting.
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 07:06 AM
Jed

Diane - Did you get a lodge room or a cottage room?
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 07:10 AM

Hi
Four of us (sisters) stayed in a cottage room, one of only a couple of one story rooms. We had 2 queen beds and a very nice sized room. Never felt crowded at all. Unlike spike who had shutters separating the tub area from the room we had no such "door". The bathroom was sheltered from the rest of the room but the only door was for the toilet.

We thought the service was great, had room service each morning. (Hard to get 4 gals out and going before a caffiene headache might set in .

Like spike, we thought the vegetation was quite young though there is a few sculptured pieces around the property. We had a view of the pool and spa as we had the cottage just outside the gate. The Lodge provides nice terry robes which we used to visit the jacuzzi.

They have on site wine tasting every afternoon.

Nice bar area with 2 sided fireplace, which you will probably not need in the early fall.

Thought it was very convenient to the Sonoma wineries. Would stay there again in a flash. Actually hope to get enough points myself!!!!