Any great condo advice for Maui?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 02:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are looking at staying in a condo in Maui, anyone stay in one that they LOVED? Or have any suggestions that would help me? We will be there in July with a 3 year old, would like a 2 bedroom with a great view from the Lanai for "adult time" when our daughter falls asleep. HELP! Its all so confusing! Thanks
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 04:39 PM

Try VRBO.com. A great site for private rentals. Most have detailed photos of the condos and views. We really liked Kapalua. Quality condos that rent for more if you go through the resort. VRBO has lots of Maui areas to choose from. Book early.
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 08:24 PM

I've stayed at a couple of condo properties - my favorite is Ka'anapali Ali'i right on Ka'anapali beach. I've also stayed at Papakea resort just beyond Ka'anapali - this is a little less expensive. Another favorite of mine is Puamana - it's just at the south end of Lahaina & it's a townhome community. It has 3 pools, tennis courts, within walking distance of all the shops, restaurants on Front St.
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 04:58 AM

We stayed at the Aston Kaanapali for 8 days. My children 12 and 9 loved it! We had a 2BR unit with kitchen,, dining area, large master br and bath, twin br with bath, , living room with lanai )partial ov). Also, washer and dryer which was handy with 2 kids. There is a full concierge service and restaurant on site. Swimming pool which was adequate but not huge and beach area that was on the small side but okay. We found it to be very comfortable and roomy and of course the kids loved the 3TV's even though we spent little time inside.
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 07:04 PM

The kanapalli ali is a great choice, because it is in whalers village. The area has the best beach and snorkle area.It also boasts a good shoping village and lots of grills ,restaurants,and safe calm water. there are other properties on that stretch of beach,that has the Hyatt on one end and the Sheraton(with black rock in front) on the other end.The kids will like all the action in this area an you will to, very kid freindly.You might seek out a travel agent to look at all the condos and hotels in this area( whalers village) and dont get confused the entire area is called kaanapail but whalers village is a distinct area. nick
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 03:04 AM

Kaanapali Alii isn't in Whaler's Village. It is near Whaler's Village.

Whaler's Village is the open air shopping centre between The Whaler condos and the Westin Hotel. The Kaanapali Alii is right next to the Westin.