Reload this Page >

Anniversary Trip to Yosemite / SEKI - Lodging Questions

Old Aug 5th, 2018, 05:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

We are celebrating our 25th anniversary in May of 2019. We have had to change our plans a bit and decided to go to Yosemite and SEKI instead but I have some questions. Because our anniversary is right after Memorial Day,we decided to do SEKI over the Memorial weekend and Yosemite Tues through Saturday in hopes of avoiding the crowds a bit.

For SEKI - there are rooms available at both John Muir Lodge as well as Wuksachi Lodge - is one preferable?

For Yosemite - I am checking for cancellations but so far no luck and the Yosemite View Lodge in El Portal is also sold out. Iíve found Rush Creek Lodge and Tenaya Lodge have availability but I know they are far from the valley. Is one preferable based on the area (Rush Creek looks a little closer) or other things to see?

Thoughts appreciated - Thanks!!
Old Aug 5th, 2018, 06:09 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Look at condos at Yosemite West and cabins in Foresta. BUT do not contact any of them (including Yosemite View - which may in fact not be booked solid) because the entire area is currently under mandatory evacuations and responding to enquiries likely not high on their priorities.
Old Aug 5th, 2018, 06:36 PM
Original Poster

Thanks JanisJ - Yes I understand local folks certainly have other things on their mind right now and my thoughts and prayers are with them especially the firefighters.
Old Aug 14th, 2018, 06:44 AM

Try to get something i the park for Yosemite but if you cannot, the BlackBerry Inn in Groveland is a wonderful property and they will prepare picnic lunches for your time in the park, if you wish!

We have stayed there a few times and always enjoyed. It! For an anniversary, that would be my pick.
Old Aug 14th, 2018, 09:31 AM

You could probably try calling Yosemite View now. I'm sure they will be very busy, but you should get through eventually. They may not have their online calendar functioning as far ahead as that.