Anna Maria Island fun spots

Old Nov 6th, 2003, 07:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anna Maria Island fun spots

Hi, a group of 15 of us are having a week long get together on Anna Maria Island. Can you please tell us any good restaurants and bars that have entertainment/ Happy Hours/sunsets? We're in our 50's, but still love to have fun. Thanks. Joan
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 08:22 AM

My husband and I spent one night in Anna Maria several weeks ago, so we only had time for one lunch and dinner but they were great! Sandbar has both indoor and outdoor seating - the outdoor is right on the beach and they feature local entertainment. Island's End (a "cousin" of the more expensive Beach House) features live jazz Thursday thru Saturday. Our dinner there was one of the best we've had in some time. Have a great trip - Anna Maria is a beautiful, laid-back place and I can't wait to go back!
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 02:20 PM
OliveOyl

I love the Sandbar for lunch (I prefer outside, but the view from the dining room inside is very very nice as well). It's a stop on tours we give all our house guests.

Beach Bistro is wonderful...reservations required and with as many as you have, you might have trouble getting them. You might try Euphemia Haye on Longboat as well for a special meal, or Cafe L'Europe.

You are close enough to Longboat and St Armands circle to take advantage of all that's there--should be a fun time for you all.

Old Nov 7th, 2003, 04:16 AM

My apologies, I meant to say Beach Bistro when talking about Island's Inn. We do want to check that one out on our next trip.
Old Nov 7th, 2003, 05:48 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much. They sound great. Can anyone recommend any 1/2 day sails or cruises? Joan
Old Nov 7th, 2003, 05:52 AM
LN

There's a paddle boat that goes out of the Seafood Shack at Cortez Rd and the ICW. I believe there's one at sunset which would be a fun time to go. I've never taken the trip but there's always lots of people aboard.