Anaheim Hotels for adults

Old Feb 20th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anaheim Hotels for adults

I am attending a conference at the Anaheim Convention Center, which is located near Disneyland. I am looking for a hotel near Disneyland that is geared more to adults, then children. A lot of reviews focus on Disney themes or proximity to Disneyland, which are not important to me. Does anyone have any hotels that they recommend? I saw a review for Hotel Menage on Tripadvisor that indicated it was more for adults then the kiddies, but I'm not sure if it's a nice place. Thank-you for any advice.
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 03:20 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
located directly across from the convention center is a marriott and a hilton. I prefer the Marriott. I have spent several weeks in both during events and see very few children and either. They recently opened a Mortons at the end of the block surrounding both hotels - very few kiddies there!
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 03:47 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have stayed at the Marriott that cfntmpn is speaking of - it is a nice one - It is not "child" focused but you will still have families staying there for Disneyland. Hard to avoid in that area...
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 06:08 PM
dmlove

I've also stayed at that Marriott, several times, with my kids (!). It's a standard-issue nice Marriott, with an indoor-outdoor pool. There were plenty of kids in the pool.

Old Feb 20th, 2008, 06:51 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dmlove - we have been to so many of the same places I wonder if we have ever been there at the same time
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 06:57 PM
dmlove

dawn, I was thinking the same thing as I wrote my last post!

Old Feb 20th, 2008, 07:03 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dmlove LOL could have happened!

In other news I need to know where you stayed in the flat in London when you went? I recall you posting about that? We seem to have similar taste..
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 07:22 PM
dmlove

dawn, email me at [email protected] (which is my "public" email -- I'll then send you the one I really use!)

Old Feb 21st, 2008, 06:59 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you dm!
Old Feb 21st, 2008, 08:22 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Both the Marriott and the Hilton are nice. I stayed in the Hilton on my most recent trip but I like the Starbucks at the Marriott for quick sandwiches etc. There's a less expensive hotel on Convention Way next to the Marriott. It has changed hands since I stayed there and I don't recall the new name. It used to have a very nice breakfast room. In back of that with a walking path to the Marriott is a Marriott Courtyard. Still good but without all the amenities of the larger Marriott. Across the street and heading toward Disney there's another hotel I've stayed at if you're on a budget. Meager restaurant and right next to an IHOP. Once you are this far away from the convention center, the walk gets long. There are a ton of hotels closer to Disney that get more families and less business people. If the conference doesn't have shuttle buses, be careful of how far away you stay unless you want to hire a cab all the time. Convention way is 4 lanes. The main road is something like 6 lanes so just walking across the street is a long walk.
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here's a belated thank-you for all of your advice. The Marriott and Hilton are booked up for the dates of the conference, but it sounds like I should really look for hotels really close to the convention center. I didn't realize it was such a busy road.