Anaheim CA CandyCane or Ayres inns?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which do you like better and why, the Candy Cane Inn or Ayres in Anaheim or Ayres in Orange? And Why? Which has the safest parking for loved pet cars? Is one ot the three quiet and do any have a garden setting?
Old May 27th, 2004, 06:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Candy Cane touches the Disneyland Resort and is charming in a funky 60s way. Parking is in the courtyard.
Ayres in Anaheim is next to the freeway and across the street from The Pond and walking distance to Angel Stadium. There is a good brewery next door. The Ayres is of course quite new and would have modern amenities. The Candy Cane is 45 years old.
I have been in neither property, just drive by often.
Old May 27th, 2004, 09:59 PM

We enjoyed the Candy Cane Inn on a family trip to the area with our young daughter. This was a couple of years ago though. They serve a continental breakfast,parking is in the courtyard, rates are good,it was very close to disneyland, and it had a bit of charm compared to a few of the other places I noticed. I found the place to be perfect for our needs. I would visit again for a family trip. Sorry, I can't comment on the other places.
Old May 28th, 2004, 05:34 AM

Try posting your question on laughingplace.com. The folks there seem to like Candy Cane Inn. (However, of all the off-site places to stay, they seem to adore the Howard Johnsons.)
Old May 28th, 2004, 06:52 PM

Another vote for the Candy Cane Inn. We
stayed last fall and found it to be a
great little hotel. Very clean and comfy - breakfast in the am was nice.
Best part was that it was an easy walking distance to Disneyland - or you
could take the free shuttle every 1/2 hr. I would return to the CCI - even
after spending several visits at the Disneyland Hotel.
Old May 29th, 2004, 04:27 AM

The Candy Cane inn was great, easy walk to disneyland, and it has a shuttle also, We stayed there 6 months ago, the room was very nicely decorated and very clean. Staff excellent. Free Continental Breaksfast with lots of choices. Pool was clean and pleasant. The jacuzzi is large and it was perfect Temp 102. Small feeling \motel, safe.the cars will be fine, you park right in front of your room. Mostly families stay there. I have stayed in the area alot and I will return to the Candy Cane. Look on Trip Advisor.com for more reviews. Have fun.
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 09:50 PM
Melissajoy

The Candy Cane Inn is very nice for families. We stayed there with our teenage daughters and their friends. On the plus side, the deluxe rooms are decorated nicely, the grounds are nicely kept, and the pool/jacuzzi area, while a little small, is very attractive. The extended continental breakfast has enough variety to keep you interested for a 3-night stay. and the biggest plus, the Candy Cane Inn is the only hotel that has its very own private free shuttle to disneyland, which doesn't stop at any other hotels. A great big plus. Also you actually can walk if you want...a 10-minute walk if you walk very briskly the whole way, a 15-minute walk if you're slowed down with small children.

On the minus side, the Candy Cane Inn has exterior corridors. It's NOT a huge Hilton, it's a smaller cozy size. (This could be a plus or minus, depending on your view!) The rooms tend to be small by Anaheim standards, so get at least a Deluxe size room. By my personal standards, a deluxe room at the Candy Cane Inn is great for 3 people, but a little snug for 4 people. (We had 5 people in 2 rooms, so we were fine for space.) Also it is an older hotel, so there were times when the water was not as hot as I would have liked. We stayed for 3 nights.

Would I stay there again? Absolutely. yes. Our family has enjoyed an annual family trip to Disneyland for years now, and we have stayed at many hotels. In my opinion 2 of the best are the Candy Cane Inn, and Disney's Grand Californian( this is number one, but it's expensive in the summer.)

Have fun! be sure to learn how to use the fast passes at disneyland...it's free and saves hours of waiting in line

Old Jun 9th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for all your replies. We stayed at the Ayres. It was closer to our son and we were able to park our car right at our window.
In a word,
the Ayres is
"Perfect!"
Can't wait to stay again!