Amelia Island Plantation

My daughter & I are looking to spend a few
days at a resort/spa in early May. Has
anyone stayed at the Amelia Island Plantation
at Amelia Island, Florida. Thanks for your
help.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 07:26 AM
Penny

We stayed at the Amelia Island Plantation in May for a seminar. The hotel is beautiful and the staff is friendly and attentive. There's lots to do and everything is well-organized. We would stay again if down that way.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 01:07 PM
mary

We stayed there about three years ago and were dissatisfied. The resort was a lovely property; the service was terrible. The staff seemed disinterested each time we encountered them. (Desk clerks too busy w/ personal conversation to make eye contact, waiter can't provide any info about type of fish - and not willing to find out, lousy housekeeping, etc). Perhaps things have changed in the past couple of years.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 08:33 AM
floridagal

Amelia Island plantation is a wonderful play to stay. They have all types of accomodations from hotel rooms to condo's on the beach. We go every year with our kids and they love it There is lots to do and the grounds are lovely. You don't say how old your daughter is, but they also have a kids camp available if she wants to meet other kids. We have found the staff, for the most part, to be friendly and helpful. Our only complaint has been the lunch service around the main pool. Kinda slow at peak lunch time which i guess is expected to a certain extent. Enjoy your stay!

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 09:05 AM
Bobo

If Amelia Island is your chosen destination may I suggest the Ritz Carlton? Just up the road from Amelia Island Plantation--but ahhh, the class, the service, the surroundings. You can still play golf at Amelia Island as well as the Ritz having their course.