Reload this Page >

Amelia Island Plantation

Search

Amelia Island Plantation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 05:28 AM
mc

Amelia Island Plantation

Does anyone have information about Amelia Island Plantation. I'm planning a quick Florida getaway with two six year old boys and was considering this place. Has anyone been there?

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 05:50 AM
Connie

It is a beautiful setting but I think it is more of a golfing/relaxation destination. I didn't gather that it was a place with lots to do for six year old boys.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 06:06 AM
Theresa

I've stayed there for a conference. I thought it was very relaxing and there were children there at the pool and the ocean. Contact the concierge for a list of things to do.

T.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 06:11 AM
J T Kirk

I'd take your sons to Fort Clinch, which is a huge fort overlooking the ocean in Fernandina. It's way cool. It has lots of dark underground tunnels and stairways leading up to turrets. Great place to run around. there are also some hiking trails around the fort.
There are some horseback riding stables around that area, but six may be too young.
The beach is wide and is fun. Head south to Little Talbot Island. To me, this is a more reclusive and very pretty beach.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 04:02 PM
Cyndy

We've stayed there 3 times in the main building and it's a lovely resort. There are two wonderful pools and the lower level pool had lots of children in it w/ a lifeguard attending, and I also remember seeing a group of children w/ a "camp counselor" type in the swimming pool w/ them, so I think they have kids programs. The beach is also very nice and just steps away from the pool.

Another suggestion would be the Ritz Carlton Amelia Island. I know they have a kids program and lovely beach and the resort is fantastic.

I don't think you'll be disappointed either way.