Aloha Airlines help needed

Old Nov 6th, 2004, 03:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aloha Airlines help needed

Can anyone provide me with an email address for Aloha Airlines. I have managed to finally book some inter-island flights with Aloha after considerable difficulty - you can only book online if you hold an American credit card which is not of much use when you are Australian. After a number of attempts I finally managed to book some flights by phone. The girl I spoke to was not particularly helpful and I am concerned that I have not received any sort of confirmation email that these flights are booked.

As I don't wish to keep paying for international call rates to be put on hold and then reach unhelpful staff I would like to email. However I cannot find an email address at all on their website. The web page appears to have been redesigned in the last couple of days and I can no longer find anywhere to put in my AlohaPass membership number to check that way, nor may I say have I received my AlohaPass membership card some four months after I joined (another thing that the girl on the phone couldn't care less about).

I was also told by the girl that we need to be at the airport 90 mins before departure. Is this really necessary for an inter island flight? That is how long I would allow for an international flight. As we don't get into HNL until 11pm the night before, I have no great desire to be back at the airport at 5.30am if not necessary.

Thanks for any help and some reassurance that I have booked with a reputable airline wouldn't go amiss either. I am not impressed so far.

Old Nov 6th, 2004, 05:48 AM

The Aloha website specifically states they do not have the capability to service customer's inquires online. They offer a mailing address of Aloha Airlines, Manager, Customer Care at P.O. Box 30028, Honolulu, HI 96820.
There also is a website check in option where you can enter your flight departure city and then either the credit card used to purchase the tickets, or your Aloha pass number, or the confirmation number or e-ticket number. Perhaps you can determine the reservation was booked via the check-in screen. Also Honolulu is a very busy airport at all times of the day and night. There can be very long lines to get thru security. We always allow ourselves at least 90 minutes, even its its an interisland flight.
Old Nov 6th, 2004, 01:01 PM

I too have found their ground service folks hit and miss, but want to assure you (after having flown with them a bunch of times, both Oakland-HNL and interisland, that Aloha is a reputable business! However, my experience in the past has been that interisland flights are cancelled, changed, etc. I recall several trips rushing from one gate to another. (Sort of like Chicago's infamous O'Hare Airport, but on a smaller scale.) A friend described it as like the NY subway--if you miss the first train, another will be along in awhile. I've heard that in the last yr or so they are getting more regimented, less "laid back." Anyone out there know for sure??? Any trip to Hawaii is worth the trouble!!!!!
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

Carbogilligan - I tried the web site book in as you suggested, but unfortunately that was of no help. It said they could not find my reservation under my booking code, so I'm not sure whether to worry even more or it just as simple that the book-in site is not designed to accept reservation codes for flights that aren't in the immediate future. It was worth a try though, so thanks, and I will remember it for when we do take the actual flights. I noted that you said that we should allow the 90 mins so we will do that. As the girl on the phone told me that the inter-island flights leave from a separate terminal to international, I had assumed that it would not be that bad.
CaliNurse - thanks for the tip about the frequent delays/cancellations. I'm glad that I have allowed several hours between our inter-island flight and our flight back to Australia.
Incidentally, the webpage where you can plug in your AlohaPass # has magically reappeared.
Old Dec 9th, 2004, 11:14 AM

I have been looking for inexpensive interisland flights in Hawaii. I ran across a site (hawaii-nei.com) that offers coupons. If I understand it correctly, you purchase the coupons and then can book a flight on Aloha or Hawaiian Air. Has anyone had experience with this? It's only a savings if it works! Thank you --