Time between flights

Search

Time between flights

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time between flights

Looking for some help with how much time to allow between flights. We fly into Honolulu at 0745 from Australia and wish to fly on to Maui. As Honolulu will be our first US stop we will have to brave the Immigration queues. We usually stay overnight before flying out to other Islands but this time wish to fly to Maui first. Dont want to miss the flight. I have thought 3 hours should be OK.
Old Nov 6th, 2013, 05:39 AM

First question to ask: did you make flight reservations on the same airline, at the same time? If so, then THEY are responsible for ensuring that you make your connection. If THEY fail to get you on your second flight (which, after all, is what THEY signed a contract to do), then they are required to get you on the next available flight.

If both flights are on the same airline, but were made at different times, then check with that airline on making the connection. Have an e-mail sent to you on any promises made, and print out the e-mail.

If the two flights are completely independent of each other, then I suggest you contact the second airline about what to do if you are delayed for any reason. Airline 'B' can't be held responsible if Airline 'A' has engine problems that delays your takeoff for 2.5 hours, but might be able to give you a "Plan B" for any such delay.

This URL
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawai...-airports.html
should be a good start for flying into HNL.
Old Nov 6th, 2013, 11:48 AM

I recently flew from Tahiti to Honolulu on my way to Kauai on Hawaiian airlines. I believe our layover was right around 3 hours as well. We had plenty of time to clear immigration, grab a breakfast sandwich at Burger King, and some coffee from Starbucks.
Old Nov 6th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. Not the same Airline and I did try to ring Hawaiian Airlines prior to this post but they were closed for a training day will try again tomorrow.
Paulrabe the link was most helpful and hopefully we will be able to get our luggage checked through.
beanweb24 3 hours is looking good.
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 11:17 PM

Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
Trumps sorry to hijack your thread, but we are booked on Air NZ to fly to Honolulu in May 2014. We don't get in until 9.45pm on a Friday night, just wondering what hotel you normally stay at for the overnight.

Also what are your favourite islands? All suggestions welcome.