Search

Albq lodging~B&B

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2000, 06:22 AM
Sherida

Albq lodging~B&B

Any ideas for lodging in Albuquerque? I've been there several times, but have always stayed at a chain hotel. I'm looking for something different this time!

Old Jun 18th, 2000, 06:51 AM
barbara

I live in Baltimore, and the thing I love about it is that it's so down-home. People are friendly (especially to visitors), and there's plenty to do. Most people know about the Inner Harbor, which you could easily spend a day at, but there are other interesting places, like Fort McHenry, the cemetery where Edgar Allen Poe is buried, and my absolute favorite, the American Visionary Museum, which has all sorts of "outsider" art. It's really a special place. For dining, I like to go to Federal Hill to one of the smaller restaurants. Anyway, come visit!

Old Jun 18th, 2000, 06:30 PM
Will

Hi --

I'm from San Francisco, and the thing I like most about it is that it's compact but cosmopolitan. It's got most of the comforts of a big city (OK, and some of the drawbacks) but you really get to know people here. Well, beyond that the food here is terrific, the views are incredible, the climate is manageable, and there's plenty to do, both in natural settings and urban ones. Enough said?

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 07:12 AM
Tom

The best city in the US is New York, of course. The best thing about it is that it has three major airports that can take you away from it often, which is necessary if you live here . . .

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 07:38 AM
lola

Previous posting is typical of the love-hate thing we New Yorkers have with our great city. That's part of what makes it so great--you can kid about it and hate many aspects of it and it still holds up in just about every way possible. I love New York!

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 08:53 AM
Diane

Actually, I live halfway between Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD. Having lived in NYC, Chicago and Los Angeles over the course of my lifetime, I love it here. We've got terrific sports teams, incredible access to historical sites, cultural events, fabulous restaurants, and a very diverse population. The downside can be traffic related -- and we're looking forward to extended hours service on our Metro subway system this summer!

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 10:05 AM
herself

It is great because it's home.
North Smithfield

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 11:42 AM
mark

I live in placerville ca, This region is full of history from the gold rush era, I can drive north or south on hwy 49 and see gold mining history every day, the town of placerville is very friendly to visitors, with some unique shops. But lately the wine industry in eldorado county 18 wineries to date is growing, producing some fine baberas,zinfidels, and chardonnays, this was a big wine growing region during the gold rush era, and is making a tremendous comback. We have Boger, lava cap, madrona, coulson, gold hill, vienza, perry creek, fitzpatrick, windwalker, charles mitchel, single leaf, sierra vista, etc. Also to the south in amador county their are several fine wineries, that produce Italian blends, such as barbera,sangiovese, merlot,etc. and It's on the quiet side without the mobs you find in the napa valley, their are several bed&breakfast inns in and around placerville, my favorite is shadow ridge ranch, just outside placerville, off of newtown road, a great weekend getaway. So if you want gold rush history, wine tasting, on the quite side, and beautiful scenery, this is the place, we also have one of the most scenic golf courses around, it's called apple mountan, about 5 miles east of placerville, in camino ca, just off hwy 50. talk about spectacular, any golfer will love this course, but bring your A game, it can be tough if your not hitting it straight.

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 02:37 PM
Mia

I live in San Diego, CA: friendly people, fish tacos, and 75 degree weather 75% of the year. And not as crowded as Los Angeles (yet!)

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 09:28 PM
Joe

Here's another vote for NY -- and the Yankees won 22-1 tonight!

Old Jun 20th, 2000, 07:07 AM
Myriam

I live in a small village in Belgium/Europe, and except for the weather, this is my heaven on earth. I love to go on holiday and I have been to places that are far more attractive but I also love to come back home, just because it's home.