Airport Help Needed

May 22nd, 2002, 01:14 PM
Airport Help

Airport Help Needed

Planning a trip into NYC in the fall. Which airport is the closest (easiest drive and lowest cab fare) to Upper East Side / South Central Park area? How much are the cab fares to from each of those airports?

Appreicate your help with this.

May 22nd, 2002, 01:17 PM
xxx

LGA about a 20 dollar cab ride with tip to 90th and york where I live. Takes about 20 minutes less in non traffic hours.

May 22nd, 2002, 01:31 PM
suzanne

LaGuardia is about 20 minutes away; JFK and Newark are about an hour away.

May 22nd, 2002, 06:35 PM
aaa

I live on the upper west side in the 90's. The meter never reads more than $18 to or from LGA. The toll is $3.50 and the tip is extra. It will be about the same amount to the 60's on the east side.

May 22nd, 2002, 06:41 PM
Ted

Can't add much, other than that the 100% clear choice, if you have one, is LaGuardia. Very quick trip to UES.

May 22nd, 2002, 06:42 PM
rqf

LGA - close to $25 with Tip and toll (3.50)
JFK - rate is fixed at $35.With tip and toll (3.50) it will cost at least $42 with a 10% tip.
EWR - somewhere between $45 and $50. FAre is based on zones. It is $34 to midtown west so it will be more to the upper east side. The toll is $6

May 22nd, 2002, 07:51 PM
Airport Help

Thanks for your help everyone. Looks like LGA wins handsdown! Wish there was a non stop from SEA to LGA though.

May 23rd, 2002, 07:56 AM
ss

Frankly I would opt for a non stop to Jfk if available. It will cost about $20 more to get to the city and the trip will take about 30 minutes more but I think it is worth the conveniece of not having to change planes

Search this Thread