Search

airfare to hawaii

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
airfare to hawaii

At the end of June through the beginning of July I'm travelling from Portland, OR to Kauai, then to Maui, then Maui to Portland. I have found tickets for $614 for Portland-->Kauai, Maui to Portland and $66 interisland from Kauai to Maui separately.

I have been checking for a couple weeks now and there doesn't seem to be much fluctuation. I don't want to wait too long since I'm afraid flights may sell out, but also don't want to book too early and miss out on sales.

So, can anyone tell me if this is a good price or if I should hold out? And if I should hold out, what's a good price? Thanks.
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 06:32 AM

Hi Snakecharmur:
I had a similar dilemma while shopping for my tickets from Miami, I literally checked every day 2 to 3 times each day (I am not lying) I will be traveling 5/31 to 6/14 going into Maui and returning from Honolulu I got my tickets for $694.00 through American Express Travel and used my reward points to get $550.00 credit as soon as I finished purchasing my tickets I went into US Airways website to buy two more tickets for two other friends and the price had gone up to $724.00 in less than 5 minutes (I am not exaggerating) the reason why I did not buy all the tickets through Am Express my other two friends wanted to use their own credit card to purchase their tickets. If I were you I would get it not sure how prices are from your home airport but I think $614.00 is a good price remember gas keeps going up and you will be in the summer travel which makes things more expensive. I do however think $66.00 is a little high for your inter-island flight again maybe it has to do with the time you are going but, I would check with the other carrier www.iflygo.com or islandair I usually see that they have fares for about $45.00 with taxes. What airline are you flying? Hope this helps. Lots of luck
Gina
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 06:57 AM
Ag3046

That is the high summer season for Hawaii. Don't expect to find major discounts for flights from the mainland. You can do better than $66 for interisland flights.

Old Mar 30th, 2007, 08:06 AM

How will prices be for August? Will they come down again for late Summer or should I go ahead and book now as well?

(hope you don't mind me adding on snakecharmur!)

Old Mar 30th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Original Poster

thanks for all your replies. I found the interisland through Island Air. Sounds like I should snatch up the $614 through expedia!
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Ag3046

check on www.kayak.com before you do. It is also cheaper if you can fly mid-week.

Old Mar 30th, 2007, 11:55 AM

We're going the same time and finally bought last week than been checking back just in case and they went up a little more. As far as late summer I would think they may drop some especially closer to September. I looked at a couple weeks earlier in June and it was quite abit less.
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 01:33 PM

If you haven't done so yet, check Hawaain Airlines and see if there are any specials before you confirm the $614, which is a good price for that time of the year.