Airfare to Anchorage

Search

Airfare to Anchorage

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 09:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airfare to Anchorage

Trying to find any decent airfares out there for Sept. with no luck. All at $700 or so. We won't be going if we can't find better prices Any tips???? Thanks all!!!
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 01:19 AM

What are you looking at, from where??? If cruising one way, be sure to look at multicity options and not 2 one ways. Be flexable on you days, time of departure/arrival. check out www.priceline.com and see what comes up, then go to individual airline web sites.
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 02:39 AM

Try different airports as well as different days of the week. Someone I know got a really good deal even though she had to fly to another airport in another state. She had two sets of tickets. I figure from the East coast, something in the $600 range would be decent, under $600 a bargain. Make sure to check fares on a Tues and Wed. The particular week in September you are looking at might be traditionally busy for the airlines. Check the week before and the week after to see if there's a difference. And check every single flight on different carriers. I like travelocity to compare prices. I think that website makes suggestions for a cheaper flight or cheaper airport. Good luck!
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 03:39 AM

I agree with the suggestions made above. I am coming from NJ and was willing to go out of Newark or Philadelphia, but not NY. I used Priceline and Travelocity to find the lowest price in June and then checked individual airline websites. Most fares were coming up in the 600 range. However, for some odd reason there was one day during a several week period, where the fare was only 362, provided that I was willing to take a red eye on the way back. I thought this was actually preferable because we could have a full last day in Alaska. The cheapest fare happened to be on United. I bought the Entertainment Guide, used their $50 off coupon. With a $10 processing fee, each ticket ended up being $322.

Hope this helps.
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 04:12 AM

Most of the flights leaving Anchorage to the east coast are after 11:00 p.m.. Because of this, I always allow an additional day at the end of my vacation to recoup from the 4 hr time difference and loosing the nights sleep on the plane. I bought my $350 tickets as when I can get a flight across the country and then up to Alaska for just $350, I snag it. I have driven as far as DC, from Philly, to get a $350 price.
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 05:45 AM

Like others, we juggled days and airports to get best deal, and I still had to call the airline to see if the exit rows were open on a booked flight. They were, we got our deal, and our trip to Alaska!

Good luck! You will love Alaska!
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 02:27 PM
Original Poster

Yeah, I've been working all the Airline websites morning noon and night. Not much to choose from here in Minnesota. Might try to get something out of Denver (taking a seperate flight there) or Chicago. Minneapolis is close but not cheap!
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 03:15 PM
J62

Orbitz is showing fares as low as $527 from MSP to ANC, mid September, with one stop.

Non-stops on NWA are higher.