Activities for Singles in Maui

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 01:49 AM
Jon

Hello,

I'm going to Maui in about two weeks and I am going for a wedding. Alas, unfortunately I am single and am trying to fill my itinerary of the things that I can do while I am there. Does anyone have any ideas for a single guy in Maui? I'm hoping that I might meet some nice gal there, but if it happens...great...if it doesn't.....great.

Thanks,

Jon

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 09:12 AM
???

I'm a little baffled by the question, as I would think singles can do the same things, same sites, same activities that 'couples' could do.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 09:23 AM
c

A friend of mine recently stayed at a hostel in Maui. They offered daily excursions at very reasonable rates and there were plenty of single people to hang out with while he was there. I don't think that you'd have to stay at the hostel to take advantage of the daytrips.

Unfortunately I don't have any info on the hostel, but he came across the place via their website.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 01:19 PM
Lara

Jon
I am going to Maui with my husband but we are planning on doing a bike tour down Haleakala. I would figure that the bike tour would be neat to do as a single person because you would have others around you.
Does the Bride or Groom have suggestions for their guests? And I agree with the one of the above posts, I think a lot of the things that I am doing with my husband could also be done as a single person. Except maybe the Road to Hana since we are driving ourselves and plan to take turns driving while the other one scopes out the scenery, but I hear there are organized tours for that too.
Have fun!

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 05:35 PM
Ken

If you are baffled by the question, you are definitely not a young single male looking for memebers of the opposite sex.

There are a lot of great bars in the town of Lahaina. "Maui Brews" rocks st night and is probably the best place for singles.

And there are several bars right on the beach at Kaanapali for quenching your thirst and meeting people - Leilani's, The Hula Bar and Grill, and the Rusty Harpoon.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 05:56 PM
Ron

Front Street in Lahaina after dark...Cheese Burger in Paradise, or Hard Rock..both great places to pick up chicks,,