Accommodations in Naples, FL, for Next Winter

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2003, 12:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I visited Naples a year ago in February, staying at one of the new hotels at the I-75 exit because of the high rates in town. Does anyone know if there are places nearer the beach that are not so expensive and might available for next winter if we book now? Or maybe something nearby that we are not aware of?

We are retired and would like to stay somewhere warm for the month of February. We live pretty quietly and like walking on the beach, sightseeing--and eating, of course.
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 12:51 PM

try "park shore resorts", a mix of suites and private condos in the facility. also, try vacation rentals by owners (vrbo.com)and rent a place (house, condo, etc.) most places in naples within the tamiami trail are at their peak price in winter. and ther are very few hotels on beach - naples beach club, edgewater) have you tried vanderbilt beach area, perhapes less expensive. if you find a place on the vrbo.com sight, let me know and i can scoot by it for you, living here.
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 01:50 PM

Much closer to town, and last I knew about the same prices as those I-75 exit motels, are a few places right by the Gordon River Bridge (where Davis Blvd. joins 41). These include a Wellesley Inn, Red Roof Inn, and the brand new Fairfield Inn.

The Park Shore Resort mentioned above is nice and a bargain considering they are full apartments, but I suspect may still be more expensive than you had in mind. One hint. If you call there ask for the "Guest House Special" for an extra 20% discount. This is a notice sent to us locals to encourage us to use the place for our guests.
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 10:29 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all so much. I'll give both your suggestions a try.
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 07:17 PM

You might consider contacting a real estate agent to book a house for the month. My mom owns a home in Naples and, as she's not retired yet, rents her house out during the winter months. A lot of other people do the same. It would probably be more comfortable and less expensive than staying in a hotel for the month -- although you would probably be farther away from the beach. I envy you, Naples is gorgeous.
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 07:39 PM

I'm not sure about others, but I've never heard of anyone in Naples who would even rent out a one bedroom apartment for less than $1500 a week in February -- and then only as a last resort, because most will only rent by the month or hopefully a three month minimum. If you can find someone to rent you a house in Naples (even a dump 5 miles from the beach) for the price of staying at a Comfort Inn then you've accomplished a miracle!!!
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 05:15 AM

hmmm, Patrick. My mom's place isn't a dump but it's not a mansion either, and it is about five miles from the beach. She rents it for about $3500/month Dec-Mar. A quick google search netted a bunch of sites that seemed to have moderately priced rentals in the Naples area. As the original poster suggested she wanted to stay for the whole month of February, I still think this is an option worth looking at.
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 06:06 AM

My apologies. I don't know where I got the idea that carolyn was talking about a month and not a week -- my mistake. Yes it is a possibility.