Search

Accommodation outside New York

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 09:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accommodation outside New York

Hi
I will be travelling through New York in July. Arive at Newark airport and depart from La Guardia airport after two days. Any suggestions for accommodation in a nice scenic area outside the city centre would be most welcome. Also don't want to spend hours travelling to the airport.
Thanks in advance to all respondents!
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 04:23 AM

Are you planning on seeing the city while you're there? Or are you looking for a resort? I'm not sure what you mean.

The scenic areas (beach? mountains?) around NYC are not really close to any of the airports - and you would need to rent a car to reach any of them. Also - they would not be practical for seeing anything in the city.

You need to provide more info.
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 04:28 AM

Rchie, I think you might be underestimating just how far outside the city centre you have to get in order to be in a nice scenic area.
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 05:51 AM

I agree with the others. If your goal is to experience Manhattan, it makes no sense to stay out some where and spend all your time and money getting back and forth.
And you say you don't want to spend a lot of time getting to the airport. Which airport? You do realize, I hope, that Newark and LaGuardia are quite far from each other and in opposite directions from the city. Actually midtown Manhattan would be more or less halfway between them.
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:11 AM

There is no place very "scenic" near La Guardia except Manhattan which is very close to La Guardia. If you want a slightly less urban experience, you might try the Millenium UN Plaza hotel in NYC. It's in a less busy neighborhood with some parks and greenspace not far and has a rooftop pool. It's also close to where you would exit the city for LGA.