accommodation for disneyland

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21st, 2009, 03:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 adult and two kids ( aged 6 and 4) from oz need your advice on where to stay when we visit disneyland . we want good clean rooms with a good pool on site to relax in after a full days exploration of disneyland. we want to be within walking distance to the park. any ideas??
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 07:17 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
What is your budget? There are many, MANY places w/i walking or very short shuttle rides of the parks, plus hotels on-property. Most have their own pools and all have family rooms. So there are scads to choose from.
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 07:25 AM

Yes, there are many lodging options near D-land. Many properties have family suites if you want more room. My favorite place however doesn't have suites, The Candy Cane. Once we discovered it we haven't stayed anywhere else. It's within walking distance, in fact it's on the same block as the park, although some places across the street are closer to the entrance. The Candy Cane has it's own shuttle so you don't have to stop at other properties. They have a decent breakfast and a very nice pool area and hot tub. The rooms are just a bit nicer than most of the motels around the park. Check out reviews on-line to get an idea of the place.
Old Sep 22nd, 2009, 08:45 AM

Our two favorites are the Grand Californian and The Disneyland Hotel. Have fun! ***kim***
Old Sep 22nd, 2009, 10:20 AM

i'd say candy cane too
Old Sep 22nd, 2009, 12:01 PM

Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
We made the trip from New Zealand a couple of years ago. Didn't have kids, but had read the excellent recommendations for the Candy Cane. It is an older facility, more like a motel than a hotel in my opinion, but we liked it. You get breakfast as part of the price, there is a pool, and is about ten minutes walk to Disneyland, but there is a free shuttle that goes every 30 minutes I think it is. We walked most of the time but if we were tired at the end of the day, took the shuttle back to the hotel.
Old Sep 22nd, 2009, 12:29 PM

Could you elaborate on what you're looking for? Does "good clean rooms" mean you'd be happy with a basic motel with a small pool (the kind that's in the parking lot of your typical roadside motel) as long as the hotel has "good clean rooms"? Or is that the minimum you're looking for, but you also want to have a "good pool" (the kind you would normally have at a larger, more upscale property)? It's been yars, but we've stayed at both kinds over the years. What's your budget?
Old Sep 24th, 2009, 07:38 PM

We recently stayed at the Anabella Hotel in a Mission Suite and found it very clean, comfortable, and just right for the four of us. The pool was wonderful, with lots of places to relax in the sun or shade while the kids swam. There was even poolside snack service. If I remember correctly, the pool was only five feet at its deepest point, which made it perfect for children.

While the hotel is within walking distance to Disneyland, it's a bit of a hike. Expect a 10 or 15 minute stroll and take a shortcut through the Grand Californian to cut off some distance.
Old Sep 24th, 2009, 09:18 PM

Yes, Candy Cane is more of a motel than a hotel. We thought it was a good value; clean and very comfortable. Easy walk to Disneyland (it borders on it) and has a free shuttle too.
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 05:19 AM

We enjoyed the convenience of the tram stopping at our door at the Polynesian when our children were about those same ages. It made it very convenient to take an after lunch break for a nap. Then, resume the activities after being refreshed.
At the time it was the only hotel that had a tram stop at the door. I'm not sure if that is still the case?
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 08:13 AM

We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, it is "less convinient" to the Magic Kingdom (about a 20 min. bus ride) but the pool is fantastic, we saw many animals at the Lodge (that's right - at the hotel they have a savannah) and they have kids' activities everyday from afternoon to the evening.
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 09:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DisneyLAND boys and girls,DisneyLAND.
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 09:44 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks logandog. I thought I was lost for a minute there
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 08:15 PM

Obviously the Disney hotels are considered to be top notch but that wasn't our budget.

We liked the Howard Johnson, and they have since upgraded their basic pool to have a water play area. My recollection is that the hotel came to around $80 per night for 5 people, high season. We had early entrance to the park at least one day. (Hotels offering this Disney perk are called "good neighbor.") A trip report from last summer is under my name. Other members also talked about the hotels they liked at Disneyland, and there were other hotels that also sounded good and reasonable.
Old Sep 27th, 2009, 11:14 AM

I wonder where hobobeen is? Maybe they decided not to go to D-land.