8 Days in Orlando...What to do?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 03:31 AM
Meta

Hi!
My fiance and I are going to Orlando for 8 days, 4 of that is being spent in Disney World. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do for the following four days? Thanks!

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 04:13 AM
Sadie

What type of things do you like?

Orlando has many options besides the theme parks. There's trails for walking and biking, rivers for canoeing, and gardens for strolling. Tons of malls and quaint older "downtown" areas for shopping of all kinds. Museums of art, science, and history. Several concert and theatre venues. Many types of restaurants and clubs.

There are also several options within an hour or two of Orlando, such as Kennedy Space Center, the beaches, Tampa/Busch Gardens, etc.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 03:01 PM
Dave

Relax and enjoy the nice weather (assuming you are coming anytime soon).

If you are themepark nuts there is also Universal Studios and Sea World.

Otherwise, like Sadie mentioned, there are many things within a short drive of Orlando. There is an abundance of shopping - lots of outlets. Take a stroll down Park Avenue in Winter Park.

Enjoy your trip!

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 03:10 PM
Gail

I love Islands of Adventure at Universal. If you like great theming and fantastic rides, try it.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 03:35 PM
OTown

Scenic Boat Tour in Winter Park. Airboat rides. Kennedy Space Center. East or West Coast Beaches. Universal Studios and Seaworld. Jet Ski. Golf.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:03 PM
Joy in Virginia

Florida State parks - "The Real Florida" - several are short drive from orlando - www.dep.state.fl.us/parks/

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 02:58 AM
Meta

thanks for everyone's replies....what is the weather like in early november? that is when we are coming to avoid early winter in london...btw, i love shopping and outlet shopping sounds really great! any recommendations on which outlet mall is the best? clothes shopping is my forte! we will probably spend 1 day outlet shopping (that is the amount of time my fiance has 'allowed' me!)
thanks again

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 07:06 AM
shop

Belz Outlet Mall on International Drive is the best in town. Also, the brand new "Mall of Millenia" is opening in late October so you can check that out, too - its mostly upscale stores. Expect great weather in November.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 08:08 AM
Martha

Another mall is the Florida Mall. Close to the Belz Factory Outlet Mall and a great place to shop. 253 stores. I live in the area , go there often and enjoy seeing the tourists from all over the world there.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 05:44 PM
Sadie

Shop and Martha are correct, Belz Factory Outlet Mall is huge. It is actually 2 malls, an outdoor plaza, and several annexe all packaged together, with a wide variety of shops. It is located at the north end of International Drive.

Another outlet mall near the attractions (theme parks) is the Premium Outlet mall, which has higher end shops. Be sure to go to the information booth at both malls to pick up a booklet of discounts and coupons.

If you want to shop boutiques, try "Old Winter Park" like Dave mentioned. It's a great area to browse, have lunch at a cafe, and take in the beautiful Tiffany art display at the Morse Art Museum.

If you want to shop at the attractions, try Downtown Disney, the Disney Village Marketplace, and City Walk at Universal. A bit touristy, but some interesting things can be found.

How about your fiance? What kind of activities is he hope to find?

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 04:33 AM
maryann

i live in Orlando and I got married last year in November. I choose November because it is one of the few months in Florida in which the weather is absolutely perfect, not too hot and not cold either. The average temperature is about 78 degrees

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 08:02 AM
Dave

November is the perfect time to visit Orlando. Not too hot and the humidity disappears!