Reload this Page >

boat from key west to naples?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 06:30 PM
kristin

Is there any way to travel from key west up to Naples area other than driving? I would like to spend several days in key west, then the Everglades. Are there boats that transport in this way, like they do to Dry tortuga?

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 06:42 PM
ellen

No boats, but there are flights on Cape Air from Key West to Naples.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 07:10 PM
sam

There is one. Go to Keywestshuttle.com

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 03:32 AM
xxx

There are ferry's that transport to the Keys, perhaps in Naples. We took a ferry from Ft. Myers. Naples may also have this ferry. If not you can leave from Ft. Myers not far of a drive. They definitely have one.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 08:05 AM
x

Ellen-You don't know what the hell you are talking about!! There is indeed a boat.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 08:26 AM
ellen

There are no ferry boats (that take cars) to Key West from Naples. There is an on again off again boat that sometimes goes to Key West from Naples. It is often cancelled due to lack of business, "bad seas" even when the weather is good, and sometimes just because it is the second Tuesday of the month or whatever. They do not encourage anything other than one day trips which makes a long day. Depending upon the mood they are in they may or may not book a return for several days later, but if they don't have enough people that day, they are likely to cancel. Many people have gone down and gotten stranded when the boat didn't return.
So yes, I was wrong. There is a boat . . . sometimes. But I still suggest you fly.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 08:36 AM
xxx

The one I was referring to does not take cars. They are reliable and do seem to go every day. They are in Ft.Myers. You can stay all night and return the next day. I saw many people with lugguge. The cost was $149.00 rd. trip pp. I would suggest staying for at least one night, as it is a LONG DAY! It is 5 hours each way, and 5 hours in Key West.