Naples vs. Sarasota

Old May 18th, 2002, 11:27 AM
Russ

Naples vs. Sarasota

I have heard a lot of good things about Sarasota. Does anyone have any thoughts on how it compares to Naples? I am especially interested in your opinion of how hotels, restaurants, beaches, quality of life, etc. compare. Thanks

Old May 18th, 2002, 12:49 PM
Beth

We have spent a lot of time in Naples because my parents live there. I've only been to Long Boat Key once. Naples is bigger, ocean isn't as blue, resturants are great, and The Registry Hotel is very nice. The Colony Beach hotel is older and like a nice condo. The pool is very small, and they have alot of tennis courts. Resturants we ate at were great. My favorite one was the Chart House. There is a very pretty golf course, and the water is very blue and pretty. St. Armaids circle is a nice shopping center very simlar to old Naples 10 years ago. They have similar shops like the Mole Hole. Both cities are similar to each other ,but the cost of living is more expensive in Naples. Longboat Key was less crowded, but we were there in May after the snowbirds had left. We didn't go to Sarasota expect for going to and from the airport. From what I saw, I could easily live in Sarasota. Naples , Fla. is probably the nicest city in Fla.

Old May 18th, 2002, 04:22 PM
aaaaaa

I rally like Sarasota. Siesta Key's beaches are much nicer than Naples.

Both cities have some great restaurants.
I think there are more younger people in Sarasota than Naples.
If beaching is your min goal I would do Sarasota

Old May 18th, 2002, 04:36 PM
ck

We jhave spent a lot of time at Naples and at Longboat Key Off Sarasota)and I can never decide which I like best.
Restaurants in Olde Naple are better than on Longboat or Sarasota.
the beach at olde naples is nicer than LBK
LBK is more beautiful because you have views of the Gulf and Intercoastal. there is nothing more beautiful than that aqua water.
Golf is much cheaper in Sarasota.
Naples is a much nicer town than Sarasota
both places are very low key

Old May 18th, 2002, 05:02 PM
Nikki

You know this question is kind of like apples and oranges. One loves apples while the loves loves oranges!
sarasota is a lovely town that has the theatre, opera, ballet, a lot of really great places to eat, and two of the greatest beaches. Naples has the same thing and their average snowbird is probably a little wealthier.