Search

414 Inn NYC

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2006, 06:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
414 Inn NYC

I'm curious to know anyone's experiences with this hotel. Neighborhood? Cleanliness?
Thank you in advance.
Old May 14th, 2006, 10:31 AM

Don;t know anything about it myself. A small modest boutique hotel - was an apartemtn house from the look of it - that seems to get good reviews frombudget travelers.

Fairly far west on 46th street - the area is kind of non-descript - not far from restaurant row and a bunch of theaters - but definitely not bright lights.

It's not an area I would chose - but perfectly safe - and I assume you got a great deal.
Old May 15th, 2006, 05:50 AM

The hotel gets surprisingly good reviews on tripadvisor
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._New_York.html

but I'd pay close attention to the photos posted there. The rooms look small and very basic although clean. The neighborhood is considered Hell's Kitchen, an up and coming area west of the Times Square. Lots of good restaurant options. It's only a few blocks away from the Belvedere which you said you've used before.

If you'd like to provide your travel dates and budget, I could have a look at options for you.
Old May 15th, 2006, 06:35 AM
Original Poster

Thank you.....travel dates are oct 18-22. I'm not looking at a luxury hotel. Wanting something clean, in a good area, don't really care about room size. Something close to a subway station. Am not planning to spend much time in my room. Have also looked at City Club, which also has decent reviews from Trip Advisor. Would like to spend less than $300 a night. Thanks in advance!!
Old May 15th, 2006, 06:38 AM
GoTravel

Did you check rates on the Park South? Even the most expensive times of year they are usually reasonable.

Great rooms, beautifully decorated but small.

Old May 15th, 2006, 10:00 AM

My gosh, for under $300 you should be able to find tons of much better options than those. It's a bit early now for Oct. so prices may be a bit high. I see the Kimberly on quikbook.com for $255, but you should be able to get something nicer for that or cheaper than that. The Envoy club is not quite is central but also good for less. In the meantime, it's cancellable and a good option to hold. Have a look at the Blakely too. The City Club is in a great location but rooms are small and you should be able to do better.
Old May 15th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. I'll keep looking. I was under the impression that the closer to October, the higher the prices would go. Thanks for the advice.
Old May 15th, 2006, 11:59 AM
GoTravel

The Park South is $209 for that weekend. That is a great price for a great hotel.

Found the price on www.Quikbook.com