40th Birthday Girls

Oct 13th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Original Poster

40th Birthday Girls

Hello,
10 ladies from Boston are planning a 40th birthday celebration trip. We are looking for suggestions for a GREAT trip. We love fine dining, great shopping, and beaches. We are planning a 4 day trip so our initial thoughts were Charleston, SC; South Beach??? Traveling in June 2007. Thanks.
Oct 13th, 2006, 01:50 PM
nlg

You might check Wild Dunes on Isle of Palms-near Charleston. We have stayed
there several times. The last time we
had a three bedroom, three bath house.
You can walk to the beach. The Boathouse restaurant on Isle of Palms is
very good. It is about a 45 minute drive into Charleston.
Oct 13th, 2006, 03:04 PM

We do an annual long weekend trip with a group of girls, and go somewhere special whenver someone turns 40, or now 50 (only 1 left to turn 50!) -
we have done South Beach and Charleston, SC -
you can't go wrong with either one - we had a blast at both -
great restaurants, shopping, etc - but we didn't do beaches so I can't comment on that -
there are lots of good threads here on both locations if you put "charleston, sc" into the search bar, or "south beach" you 'll get a good feel for what is at both.

have fun !
Oct 15th, 2006, 06:15 AM

This past January, 6 of us took a Royal Caribbean cruise to western Caribbean -- excellent choice as we did not have to discuss who would drive, where to dine, what daily activities to enjoy. We made a couple of decisions on port activities, and from there had a blast catching up and relaxing. I had never cruised, but found it to be great for that type of group. Whatever you do, enjoy!
Oct 15th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Original Poster

thank you all so much for the replies. The cruise sounds great though we only have 4 days. I am leaning towards Charelston because the flight from Boston would be only around 2 hours. I hope everyone else agrees with me.

Anyway, I was looking at hotels in Charleston, SC particularily Charleston Place which is pricey buts sounds great! Any recommendations on where to stay>??? Thanks.

Search this Thread