4 seasons room photos!

Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:03 AM
Original Poster

4 seasons room photos!

To anyone interested in staying at the Four Seasons Maui!!!! I was so frustrated when I was planning my trip because there were no good room photos of the accommodations at the Four Seasons Wailea. We stayed there for a week in May 2003 in a partial ocean view standard room. The link below is a trip report with a link to a photo gallery! Enjoy!

http://www.northwestmom.com/travel.html
Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:10 AM

Thanks, NW Mom! I noticed your travel-size Conair hair dryer in photo #6 and a rather large, econo-size tube of KY Jelly sticking out of your husband's shaving kit in photo #8.

That's providing a little more insight than what was needed.

Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:12 AM
Original Poster

It's nice to know you have no life. For everyone else who's actually using this message board for travel, just ignore the losers!
Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:20 AM

He's just joking he always makes funny remarks like that Good photos.
Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:30 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the tip. I'm new to this message board. Just a word about the Four Seasons Maui....it was great! The LARGE hair dryer came with the room and the toiletries were all oversized and wonderful...no free k-y I'm afraid. Happy Travel planning to all.
Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:31 AM

The rooms seems a bit dark - did you have drapes drawn when you took photos? The bathroom looks really nice! I have looked over FS website many times and don't remember them stressing how deluxe those bathrooms are!

The room decor looks very pretty too - but then again blue and yellow are my favorite colors!
Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:35 AM
Original Poster

Yes, there are shutters in front of the slider out to the lanai, we closed them to reduce glare when taking the photos. The bathroom is enormous, a big surprise when we arrived.
Jun 22nd, 2003, 12:18 PM

GREAT photos...have you visited the Kea Lani? It might be a better location as your child gets older...2 rooms, a semi-kitchen, and a double sized lanai...the best bet for about the same money!
Jun 22nd, 2003, 01:49 PM
Original Poster

Haven't been to the Kea Lani. This was our second trip to Maui. If we decide to go back, I will definately check it out. Thanks.
Jun 22nd, 2003, 02:23 PM

LOL, BB !!

northwestmom, the room and bathroom look lovely. I especially like the little stuffed toy on the bed makes me remember those days~
What a nice big bathroom too!
Jun 22nd, 2003, 03:43 PM

I was not impressed with your room at the Four Seasons...I would expect a hell of a lot more luxury. What did you pay?

Bathroom is nice. Noticed you had a six-pack of Diet (?) Coke under the bathroom counter. No refrigerator in the room?
Jun 22nd, 2003, 08:19 PM
Original Poster

There wasn't a LARGE fridge in the room, just our standard mini bar. As to what we paid...we booked a "garden view" room and received the 7th night free. We were upgraded to a partial ocean view without asking. The room is 600 square feet. I was quite pleased with the room and the service, too. If you'd like more luxury, they have that as well, for $1000- $10,000 a night! It's a very QUIET resort. I wasn't that crazy about Wailea, but the Four Seasons is definately a good place to stay while there. I think they have a club floor as well if you really like to spend the dough! Hope this helps!
Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:36 AM

For luv2fly, the FS Maui is not designed (interior wise) to be a luxury hotel like the FS NYC or Chicago or San Francisco, etc. It's supposed to reflect a relaxed, island feel.
That's why the toned down appearance.
Some are surprised by this.
But that's what management felt was most appropo for this hotel.

If you want Victorian decor and British formality in the islands, you can check out the Ritz Carlton in Kapalua. It's like most all other RC's inside.
(More people seem to complain about this than complain about the FS being too relaxed).
Aug 16th, 2003, 03:54 AM

Northwestmom,
Our family will be staying at the FS in Maui in December. How did they make your stay enjoyable for your child? I have heard about the sponge letters and the cookies/milk. Did you truly feel welcome with a child? Did your child try the Kids For All Seasons club?