Search

4 hours at LAX...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 09:22 PM
Pat

4 hours at LAX...

We will have 4 hours between flights at LAX before boarding our connecting flight. Arriving via Alaska Airlines at Terminal 3 and departing Quantas at Terminal B.

My question is: I would like to arrange to meet with friends between flights at the airport. Can anyone tell me where a good place to meet would be, given the above info? Anyone know a good website for a map of LAX?

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 09:47 PM
Marilyn

Try this: http://www.lawa.org/lax/htmlmaps/termaponly.html

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 08:10 AM
Pat

Thanks Marilyn. I have searched that site already and no luck. I am looking more for an airport directory that shows/names cafes, bars. Thanks anyway!

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 09:26 AM
Jess

If your friends aren't flying that day, they won't be able to get inside the airport. You will have to leave the secured area to meet them.

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 09:35 AM
Renee

Encounters is the Jetsons architecture restaurant in the middle of the airport - expensive but probably your best bet to sit for a few hours with friends over lunch. Jess is right - unless you are flying you can't get into terminals and terminal restaurants anymore.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 09:36 AM
Pat

Thanks Jess and Renee, I had no idea that non-flying visitors could not even get into the airport terminals. Your advice just saved my friends a 2 hour drive each way!

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 12:19 PM
Mr. Search

Pat,

Did it occur to you to go to your "Search" engine and type in los angeles international airport??????????

Pretty simple. About 90% of the questions on Fodors lately could easily be answered by just a teeny-tiny bit of "research".

Many people seem to have "brain lock".

Mr. Search

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 02:19 PM
Woody

Pat,

As an L.A. resident, I go to LAX quite often, either for business or pleasure travel. Much has changed at LAX over the months, but don't let that prevent you from meeting with your friends.

You are departing on Quantas. It is in the Tom Bradley International Terminal, which is the one exception at LAX which allows non-ticketed passengers to enter the food court area. I suggest meeting your friends in the dining area that overlooks the runways. It's nothing fancy, but it has great views and would be most convenient given the length of your layover.

--Woody

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 03:52 PM
Woody

Pat,

When I said "non-ticketed passengers," I meant "non-ticketed persons" (such as your friends).

--Woody