4 days @ Disney-what shouldn't we miss?

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 09:53 AM
marylouise

4 days @ Disney-what shouldn't we miss?

My family of four (kids-11 & 15) are spending 4 nights in Orlando the 3rd week of Feb. We already have accommodations in place. We will be 2 nights at the Dolphin (within Disney) and 2 nights at a Holiday Inn Family Resort outside Disney. We know we want to spend a day at Busch Gardens and we would like to see Epcot. Any advice from those who have already been? What should we not miss?
We've been there once when the kids were very small so we don"t think we'll spend any time at the Magic Kingdom this time around. There's much we didn't see before due to their ages at the time. Thanks for the help!

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 03:31 PM
Cindi

Don't miss Universal's Islands of Adventure. It blows Disney away!

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 04:56 PM
MyThoughts

Test Track, Energy, and Spaceship Earth are the must-dos. (Tip: the lines are usually much less at Spaceship Earth late in the day. Most people stop on the way in. Test Track does have a Fast-Pass but it was the only one we found STILL had a substantial wait.) The whole body-science display is very cool, too, from Cranium Command to Where did I Come From? (But the 15 year old will just cringe!) The Honey I Shrunk the Audience show is THE BEST! Lunch would be fun at the Living Seas in front of the huge aquarium.
The countries are fun to browse through but the "attractions" are just so-so. They might get a kick out of dinner at either Morrocco (with the belly dancing) or Germany (with an oompah-band).
Are you buying a one-day pass for Epcot only, or a multi-day park-hopper? If you get to go to MGM, don't miss Tower of Terror and Rock n Rollercoaster. Animal Kingdom has a great safari ride and a fun Kali river rapid water ride that are sure to please. They'd also probably love the dinosaur ride over there.
Well, there's one more opinion for you to consider!

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 09:26 PM
Dawn

Marylouise:

"Mythoughts" message said everything I wanted to say....so I agree with all it was said...The Animal Kingdom is awesome if you are an animal lover...they have two awesome rides that I remember the most was the Kali River Rapid Water ride...and the Dinosaur Extint Ride...that is a wild ride!!!! your kids would love that ride if they like thrill kind rides!! I loved the Animal Kindom... I cannot remember what other things we did there...But I do remember feeling that I liked Animal Kingdom and MGM studios the best. MGM Studios is an excellent place for kids that are your kid's age. The Tower of Terror and Rock and Roller Coaster IS NOT TO BE MISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is a very highly thrilling ride!! It is FUN!! I am a 37 year old mom ...and Those were my favorite rides!! The Star Tours...(Star Wars ride) is an awesome ride too...not to be missed...and the Indiana Jones show...is an excellent entertainment...your kids will find this pretty exciting if they like adventure and suspense type shows!! Now for the Epcot...I liked it, there is a lot of walking and browsing through this place. It can be boring for kids who doesn't appreciate "countries and cultures". Although there are a few rides there...I cannot remember what...What we did though was we saw the fireworks show there and it was breathtaking!! and We did eat in the Germany section at the (forget the name but it started with a "B") where they have the Oompha band...good food.

Have fun...and be sure to get the park hopper passes especially for those rides I mentioned because if you don't you may have to wait long lines....I don't know how it is in Feburary...so you may not need to get them. I went in the end of June and I was sooooo THANKFUL that we got the Park hopper passes...that helped eliminate our "long line" waits!!!

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 03:41 AM
Gail

I believe Dawm meant to say "Fast Pass". The Park hopper is the pass to get into the parks. Fast pass is available for a lot of the more popular attractions. Also in ANimal Kingdom make sure you see "It's a Bug's Life" 3-D show. Also the Lion King show and Tarzan Rocks are great.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 04:23 AM
Dawn Ct

The Magic Kingdom has changed since your children were very small, so don't count it out. If I were staying in the Disney area, I wouldn't waste time driving to Busch Gardens. There is so much to do on Disney property that four nights barely touches it. Don't forget Animal Kingdom, best viewed in the morning.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 04:40 AM
Judi

Don't miss MGM's show "Fantasmic"!!! It is a must see.

My sons, 14 & 16 would be so upset if we insisted on Epcot instead of IOA/Universal. IOA was BY FAR their favorite park in Orlando. They couldn't get enough of it! My husband and I , both in our 40's also loved it, along with MGM.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 06:30 AM
Joe

I would take Universal over MGM.The kids would probably like IOA too better than MGM. There's always Seaworld too.