3 day romantic east coast wkend

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 08:40 PM
Beth

Hi--
I'm looking for suggestions on how to spend a July or August three day special anniversary wkend. We are in our 30's, will not be bringing kids, enjoy golf, spa activities, hiking, good food. Prefer not to be in a big city...the mountains/lakeside/riverside would be nice.
Might consider a less crowded beach area.
Thanks for your help!

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 07:02 AM
in

The east coast is a large place, maybe if you narrowed down to a couple of more specific areas you might get more suggestions.

I've spent many weekends in the Hudson Valley area, which is beautiful. There's also the fingerlakes. But then, like I said, the east coast covers lots of territory.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 08:07 AM
Beth

I guess that would help!
We're hoping to not go south of South Carolina and no further north then NY state. Places in SC, NC, MD, NY, PA, WV, VA would be best.

Thanks!

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 08:35 AM
Jen

Go to Hilton Head!!!

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 08:39 AM
carolyn

Berkeley Springs, WV.!

It's in the mountains of WV, close to the MD border, with public hot springs/baths, and several spa-type resorts and B&Bs. Areas to hike, or you can drive around the countryside touring other small towns.

I'm not sure if there is any golfing available since I'm not a golfer, but it sounds like it might fit your bill!

I'm not sure you'll find a less crowded beach area, Lewes, Delaware perhaps, but you'll still encounter beach traffic to Rehoboth and OC.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 08:45 AM
Kristen

Isle of Palms, South Carolina. A great beach, and Charleston being so close it's the perfect destination, We're in our 30's and going in August...again!

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 08:54 AM
Lenore

Hilton Head & Charleston SC are both ideal destinations. Savannah is a nice little getaway city too, but a little further South than you prefer. Hilton Head would be best of these three since they are totally geared toward golfing and spa type resorts.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 09:03 AM
Laura

In upstate New York there is the Sagamore Hotel at Lake George or Mohonk Mountain House in New Paltz, both are fantastic. If you want to go to a beach area, Cape May, New Jersey is a beautiful victorian town full of quaint B&B's and great restaurants (I especially like the Queen Victoria B&B and 410 Bank Street for dinner).

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 09:14 AM
SM

There are not many if any less crowded beaches on the East Coast on a July or August weekend. It's prime time for the beaches and the crowds will definitely be there in force.