Search

2 Hyatts in DC

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6th, 2004, 10:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 Hyatts in DC

I am staying at the Grand Hyatt in the Capital Hill area one night and the Hyatt Regency Washington D.C. On Capitol Hill for three nights - has anyone stayed at either of these two hotels? Any recommendations? I would especially like recommendations re what rooms to ask for for a decent view - I am a member of their passport club. Thanks!
Old Oct 7th, 2004, 05:32 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Oct 7th, 2004, 07:05 AM

The Grand Hyatt is not at Capitol Hill, but in the convention center area at 10th and H Sts NW. Except maybe on the topmost floors, your view would probably be of an office building across the street.

They Hyatt Regency is at the foot of Capitol Hill on New Jersey Ave NW. I recall a view of the Capitol dome from its top-floor restaurant, but I can't help you with guest rooms. Just ask very nicely for the best view when you check in. Enjoy your stay.
Old Oct 7th, 2004, 10:56 AM
tieurown

the "grand" hyatt's location, across from the "former" conv. center isn't so grand. on the finges of a rough neighborhood. suggest you opt for the cap. hill version, and request a view of the train station. This was our view two years ago, and it was nifty.

Old Oct 7th, 2004, 01:18 PM

I have stayed at both in the past year. The Grand Hyatt is new, super-nice and clean, while the Hyatt Regency is not. The Grand Hyatt (& maybe the Regency too) has a lot of interior-facing rooms, meaning you look down at the lobby area & its pools and fountains, but the only light you get is from the skylight over the lobby. But I guess those rooms are really quiet if you want to sleep. As far as I know, there aren't any views from either hotel. You look at the interior, or you look at the street.