Reload this Page >

2-1/2 Yr Old SesamePl or Dutch Wonderland

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 02:04 PM
Bruce

My wife and I would like to take a road trip from LI, NY with our 2-1/2 yr old daughter. She's pretty adventurous, and we were wondering about Sesame Place, Dutch Wonderland, or any other places. We are looking to go at the end of August. Any recommendations, including lodging??

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 06:56 PM
Maureen

Bruce,

Personally I like Dutch Wonderland better. I live about one hour from Sesame Place and Dutch Wonderland. Dutch Wonderland is the perfect size (not too big) for a 2 1/2 year old. As a mother of 4 kids, at that age they can only last so long. Wonderland is less crowded and the grounds are beautifully maintained. The crowd at Sesame Place can be a little rough. I took my 3 year old to Strasberg Railroad when Thomas the Tank was there in June (he is not there now)but she enjoyed the short train ride. The Amish country is very beautiful but unfortunately I don't have any lodging recommendations but be sure to sample some Shoofly pie. Yummy!! Enjoy your trip!!!

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 03:14 AM
a

Sesame Place is essentially a water park. I would think DUtch Wonderland might be a better choice.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 06:12 AM
Jeanne

I have done both. My kids still talk about Sesame Place! They have a wonderful parade that your daughter will just love!!! Be prepared though, the bathrooms were not that great. I would definately recommend taking a cooler with you since you can rent a locker space. You will save $$$ on drinks and snacks!!! and it really wasn't a hassle having to go back a pick things up. You could also call your local Parks & Recreation Council to see if they offer any discount tickets too. Enjoy.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 06:21 PM
Edye

Go to Dutch Wonderland, which is a lovely old fashioned amusement park. Save Sesame Place for next year. At 2 1/2, she will only be able to watch the shows and parade in Sesame Place, and not participate in their msotly water themed rides. She will enjoy SP much more at 3 1/2 or 4 1/2.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 12:32 PM
laurie

We just returned from Land of Make Believe which is much closer to NY & small and manageable with a 2 1/2 year old. Small water park with age-appropriate "amusement park" rides for very young children. Much cheaper than SP also. Water side is very new.