Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Travel Tips & Trip Ideas
Reload this Page >

What sort of bad behaviors do you believe should get passengers kicked off a plane?

Search

What sort of bad behaviors do you believe should get passengers kicked off a plane?

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2019, 02:24 PM
Administrator
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.fodors.com/news/travel-t...plane-for-this

Not listening to safety demonstrations?
Talking on a cell phone?
Belligerent drunkenness?

Last edited by ibobi; May 8th, 2019 at 02:31 PM.
Old May 8th, 2019, 03:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hope no one gets kicked off the plane after it takes off.
Old May 8th, 2019, 03:21 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Is "Eugenes Team" writing a new guidebook or something?

What is the reason for these strange survey questions lately?
Old May 8th, 2019, 05:05 PM
***RETIRED*** Do Not Contact

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by suze
Is "Eugenes Team" writing a new guidebook or something?

What is the reason for these strange survey questions lately?
We have some interesting, very popular articles (see: the link) at the Fodors home page, and some amazing community discussions down here... but rarely do they meet! This is an attempt to introduce these two halves of Fodors to each other! For the forums, it should result in more excited travelers discussing trips!
Old May 8th, 2019, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by AJPeabody
I hope no one gets kicked off the plane after it takes off.
On some flights people would disagree with you -(
Old May 8th, 2019, 10:20 PM

"This is an attempt to introduce these two halves of Fodors to each other! " A great idea, I often forget that there is a lot of useful stuff on other parts of this website and, lets face it these these forums are seeing a lot less traffic than they used to and need all the help they can get. In fact , I would suggest adding editor recommended posts into the location forums as well.

Good on the Kiwi authorities. People like that deserve to suffer the consequences of their actions. Shame the rest of the passengers had to experience a delay to but I am sure most felt it worth it to see those two get their comeuppance.

IME is these occurrences are thankfully rare, but most always seem to involve alcohol either before or during the flight. Sadly, many flight crews seem to carry on serving alcohol regardless - possibly in the (usually vain) hope that the errant passengers will pass out and cause no more trouble.

Not sure what the answer is.

Other "offences" deserving of a ban?

Any type of aggressive behaviour to staff or fellow passengers.

Other "offences" which p*** me off but probably do not warrant a ban:

Poor personal hygiene of neighbouring passengers.
Seat kicking.
Urinating in the aisle - yes it did happen on a flight home to the U.K. from Sierra Leone!
Old May 9th, 2019, 04:23 AM

Anything bordering on threats or violence.
Old May 9th, 2019, 05:48 AM

Misophonia is a real condition

Maybe this seems ridiculous to some of you who will read this....however, anyone on an airplane who is constantly sniffing, coughing and snapping gum...yes...snapping gum(there are people in the world who think this is 'cool')...should be asked to blow their nose, cover their mouth and stop with the gum chopping...seriously! There is a not so well known condition called MISOPHONIA that baffles scientist, doctors and those of us who have it.....because we literally cannot handle hearing particular noises...we can't just blow it off like others that don't have this condition...no..we..can't... it's especially horrible to be on an airplane and have to hear these noises and not be able to move or leave. It's a real problem that most ignorant people laugh at when you ask them to stop..really...they do. I've asked people, very politely in the past to please blow their nose (even offered a kleenex) or stop snapping their gum and was either laughed or the person did it more on purpose! Now if I got upset, the airline would probably blame me for such a weird request, right? No one is trying to start a fight but there are really some ignorant people in the world who act like juveniles and do these really gross things not in the least bit worried about the effect on others. I bought really expensive noise blocking earphones for airplanes that I have to wear... with these on to block out the intolerable noises, I can't hear the overhead messages...
Old May 9th, 2019, 11:24 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
This is an attempt to introduce these two halves of Fodors to each other! For the forums

ibobi~ Thanks for explaining what you're trying to do here.
Old May 15th, 2019, 09:24 AM

I know someone who sniffs constantly; he really can't help it and isn't doing it maliciously - he has a medical condition.
Old May 17th, 2019, 02:21 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
When boarding, a young man with a huge back pack turned and whacked the head flight attendant hard, kept walking. No apology. She called security and they took him off the flight.
Old May 19th, 2019, 03:29 AM

That sounds like the airline was as much at fault for letting him on with a “huge backpack"