Tutto Luggage

Dec 14th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Original Poster

Tutto Luggage

Anyone own or ever used Tutto luggage. Not Tumi but TUTTO. It is something new to me, light weight and rolls like a cart on four wheels. it will actually hold up to 150 lb person sitting on it andyou can roll them around. The light weight and cart like roll makes it easier on the back, arms and shoulders. Any help you can give
Dec 15th, 2009, 06:35 PM

I can't speak for it personally, but it got a favourable review in this link http://www.planetpatchwork.com/tuttotravel.htm

I wasn't able to find any reviews on it at epinions.com.
Dec 15th, 2009, 08:00 PM

The video on the official website looks a bit suspicious. I can't imagine that those bags packed go down stairs that well. The bags are moved very, very slowly, and don't look that stable, and the handle and wheels do not look adequate. I'd want to be able to try it out and return it. Or, see a lot of reviews.
Dec 16th, 2009, 06:21 AM

Oh dear! I just looked at the website. I think they look AWFUL. I can't see how it would be easier on the "back, arms and shoulders" wheeling that thing around.

My other thought is if they were so great you'd see people with them. I've been on 3 trips this year, and can't recall ever seeing anyone with something like that in an airport (and I do pay attention to types of luggage -haha).

I got both my suitcases at TJ Maxx/Marshalls. You can find great normal name-brand 2-wheel rollies or 4-wheel spinners in 22', 24", etc. for around $50-$95.
Dec 28th, 2009, 01:13 PM

I bought two pieces of Tutto Luggage 2 1/2 years ago for a one month vacation in Great Britain. I bought the Medium Pullman and the Regulation carry on pieces. I only took the Medium Pullman on my trip as well as a small Duffel type bag. I loved how it performed for me. It is extremely strong and moves about like a dream. I can attest to the fact that fully packed and I mean fully; it does indeed go down stairs. I found this to be a great feature when leaving hotel or B&B entrances. I even descended a long flight of stairs at one of the London Undergorund Tube atations. I did have a lot of people watching I might add. I had no problem with it in the Airports or Train stations. I did not rent a car so I relied entirely on public sources of transportation. Because the luggage has 4 wheels the total weight is carried on the wheels and it is very stable. As far as pulling it along, I could literally use only one finger to pull it along the sidewalks, terminals and even the uneven cobblestone streets. This was a very welcome treat compared to the aching shoulders and arms I had experienced on previous travels with traditional two wheelers where you support a fair bit of the luggage weight. The wheels rotate 360 degrees so you can spin the bag around on a dime. Just make sure it won't roll away on you on a train which rocks a bit. The handle stores away easilly and must be stored when checking into the airlines. I may have preferred the slightly smaller size of the Small Pullman as these bags do hold a large amount of luggage with very little wasted space. I opted to use a duffle type bag which I strapped on top of the Pullman so I could have the flexibility of stuffing the bag inside the suitcase once I had dropped off some gift items I had brought with me. All in all I simply love this luggage, and no you won't see very many people using it as it is quite hard to find. I live in Canada and had to order it via EBAY from the US, which worked out fine. Perhaps there is a distributer in Canada now I don't know. Any way I hope this has been of some help.
Jan 7th, 2010, 06:03 AM

My first experience with a Tutto bag was in 1999. I purchased a fairly large Tutto business case to use as a book bag while in graduate school after having wrist surgery. I pulled that bag all over campus and even up and down stairs with a load of books and never had a problem. That bag still looks good after taking a beating, and I still use it today. I have since purchased pieces of the luggage, and just purchased a large bag for my sewing machine. I won't travel without my Tutto bags! They don't wobble to and fro or tip over when I stop. I love that they collapse to 3" - very easy to tuck away (much easier than a large suitcase). I also find that my Tutto holds more than my regular suitcase held. These bags are well worth every penny. As I stated earlier, my first bag is 10 years old and still being used!
Jan 26th, 2010, 10:24 AM

I travel a lot for my work, and I got tired of dragging around and paying for overweight luggage. I bought the medium pullman, and then bought the large carry-on, thinking that those two, combined or separate, would cover most of my needs. They're great. When I used the larger one, I set my heavy, rolling briefcase on top. It was stable, and rolls easily. I am now considering getting the smallest carry on to replace my rolling briefcase. I could just put a computer sleeve in it, and it would be easy - and far less weight.
I love this luggage.
Mar 7th, 2010, 04:37 PM

I've had Tutto for 20 years. best there is ergonomically. the negative SUZE needs to get with the program and try Tutto b4 leaving her negative comments. It is the ONLY luggage out there that you can stack other luggage on top of it. I tried the common two wheel type of suitcase that leans and you pull it, it really taxed my elbow, and I had to get rid of it and go back to my Tutto. The reason you don't see more of Tutto is because its not cheap and it's not sold in all the retail stores people typically shop at. I found mine at a specialty shop in Chicago 20 years ago, then bought more mail order. My husband pulled several pieces of luggage with the Tutto on the bottom five blocks from hotel to hotel in New Orleans! Crazy, I would have taken a cab. The tutto managed, though bigger wheels he said, would be a definite improvement on this line of luggage!
Mar 24th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the comments. I did buy 2 pieces and love it. Haven't used the larger one yet but will on our trip to China. The carry on was perfect for several days and I love that I can strap my beach bag on top of it. When I was in Hawaii I used the carry on to haul my groceries from the market to the condo. Aboslutely the best luggage I have ever had and believe me I have had several. My garage has several that will now go in a garage sale. BUY it. It is great. Not cheap but well worth it....
May 24th, 2010, 10:24 AM

I have a new Tutto carry-on suiter that says it is 14X9X22, which meets Continental's requirements for domestic flights. My measuring tape measures it slightly larger by fractions of an inch. I would hate to get to the airport and not be able to board with it. Have any of you boarded with this size Tutto bag? I've used it on a couple of car trips, and I love it. I would appreciate your comments very much.
May 25th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Original Poster

My girlfriend bought one when I bought mine. Her's is the carry-on suiter and she has not had any problems domestically. I didn't buy that one because I do a lot of international travel and their requirements are a bit smaller so I bought the slightly smaller carry on and I love it. Just got back from Mexico and didn't have a problem and it held a lot of stuff. Best suit case I have every purchased. Love the way it rolls and how I can "piggyback" another suitcase on top. I used my beach bag again as another carry on and used the bungy cord to strap it on and off I went to Mexico.
Jun 8th, 2010, 11:02 PM

Have used tutto luggage for about 15 to 20 years. Was wearing out and bought more traditional luggage. I'm online now to get new tutto luggage pieces. Sooo sooo much more convenient and easy to use. Used it when children were younger and I could stack up the pieces for our whole family of five, and haul it while my husband would go pick up the rental car. I cannot say enough good things about it. The lightest weight luggage I've ever used. It is tough. And it does go down stairs. I have a bad back and am not allowed to lift. I just roll it down the stairs and go out to car. And storing it takes so much less space. I'm going to get rid of the traditional luggage I bought. I thought those spinner wheels would work as well as tuttos, but they don't come close. Literally, I can pull and guide a suitcase with one finger.
My only complaint is that sometimes the smallness of the wheels allows them to catch in an elevator or tram gap. I have learned to roll it over those spaces very quickly which somehow avoids the wheel catching. I would recommend the tutto luggage to anyone. I have given them as gifts and have been showered with gratitude. Makes a great graduation gift.
By the way the large carryon fits many overhead bins within the US, but some aircraft have very small overhead bins, so it is important to know the aircraft or airline. It is rare that it is too large. The large one is too large for flights between European destinations and other international destinations. But the large carry on fits in the overhead bin when traveling from U.S. TO other countries. I used it when traveling to Spain and then getting a rental car to travel through Europe. If traveling within and between foreign countries I take the smallest carryon.
Sep 6th, 2011, 04:57 AM

Hi - this is for Debbie52 - you mentioned that you bought your Tutto luggage from the U.S. - did you have to pay customs duties getting it into Canada? Also does anyone have any experience with the Tutto pet carrier for a cat - was it a problem turning it to go under the seat? Thanks.
Sep 6th, 2011, 04:45 PM

LanaVeg: Welcome to Fodors. Most likely Debbie52 won't see your question or respond. She registered and posted that one time 2 years ago. She hasn't been back since.

But hopefully someone else can help you . .
Jul 3rd, 2012, 11:34 AM

ScotLass4on Jul 3, 12 at 3:07pm

I have owned a Tutto cary-on bag for at least twenty years and I LOVE IT! There are many sizes of Tutto bags, but mine is 20.5" long x 14.75" high x 8" deep which fits under most airline seats or in the overhead bins of US carriers. and I've never had a problem with international carriers, either. It also collapses down to 2.5" when not in use. It has a frame of PVC pipe, which is very strong and the handle is on the top outside which locks in place and the wheels are on the outside bottom so there is lots of inside room. It also has an outside pocket on the end 6" tall x 5.5" wide x 1" deep and a large pocket that fits 8.5" x 11" papers or larger, catalogues or books, even a small laptop. I have been all around the world with this bag and have never had a problem of any kind with it. It also has locking capability. Check out http://www.tutto.com to select the size and features you'd like. I've found it easy to navigate with stairs, escalators, elevators and the like. EVERYBODY comments on how super cool it looks and they always want to know where I got it!!! Believe me, the price is WORTH IT!!!!!!
Jul 4th, 2012, 06:54 PM

I'm changing my opinion from 3 years ago when I last posted. I think it looks cool. But my concern is the weight. People are calling it "lightweight" but the carryon weights 7 lbs and the 24" checked bag 10 lbs. That's just as heavy as any normal luggage.

Also what price are we talking here? The website didn't show them.
Jul 13th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Original Poster

honesly don't recall what I paid but I bought it at a factory shop in south san Francisco. My girlfriend and i both bought a set so they gave us a slight discount. My only complaint after using it many times is that one of the front wheels sticks and doesn't rotate but it eventually works it way out. So much easier on the back and arms.being able to strap another iece on top with a bungee cord is great. It wasn't cheap but I am thru with cheap luggage. the only ohter luggage that looks interesting to me are the new standup swivel types that you can push right beside you but will not give up my Tutto!

Search this Thread