Tropical vacation in September

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will have a week of travel from Sept 1st-9th (inluding travel days and I am considering going somewhere with nice beaches and bright blue water. I am traveling frrm the U.S. and it is hurricane season in the caribbean, so I'm not sure if that is a good place to go. I started thinking about Thailand and figured it'd be a fun exotic place to visit, plus I've never been anywhere in Asia.

What are your thoughts on going to Thailand for this trip? I am female, will be 24 and traveling solo. If I do go to Thailand I would like o stop in Bangkok (for the city) and Phuket (for the beaches).

What other destinations would you recommend instead? I'll have traveled to England, France, Italy, and Egypt. I'm open to any ideas. I'd like to keep it less than $2500. My flight to Phuket would be around $1300 while flights to the caribbean are around $600.
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 04:09 AM

weather2travel.com Climate guides lots of rain in Thailand also monsoon season so not much help there. mexico.bookit.com
Cabo little rain. konaweb.com princeresortshawaii.com deals
on Priceline,com 4 hour flight direct LAX to Kona less than
1 inch of rain per month Kohala Coast in Hawaii lots of variety. stayhawaii.com

That is where I head in September for beach usually. Flight cost to Asia will eat up your budget and be a very long slog but Bali around Sanur usually has less rain in September.

Good luck!
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 05:55 PM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
North shore of Australia. At least they speak something resembling English there.
Old Feb 6th, 2012, 04:21 PM
P_M

I've been to Hawaii a couple of times in September and it's fabulous. Hawaii has very few hurricanes and Septemeber/October is the least crowded and least expensive time of year to visit. We're going again this September.
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 08:56 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi P_M -

Which island do you prefer?

Any favorite resorts?

Thanks...

gruezi
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 05:15 PM
P_M

Hi grezi,

I've been to Maui, Oahu and the BI and we're going to Kauai in Sept. Maui is the most scenic IMO but I liked the BI for having so many different climates and landscapes. I got a huge kick out of seeing the lava flow in the BI. After Sept I will be able to compare Kauai to Maui, maybe then I will have a different opinion of which is more scenic.

On previous trips we rented condos in Hawaii but we will probably do a resort in Sept. We have a few ideas for where to stay but nothing is booked just yet.