Travel Insured vs. Travel Guard

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2004, 12:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone used either one of these companies for travel insurance? How are they?

Thanks
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 08:13 PM

I've used Travel Guard several times and have been very happy with them. After September 11, they actually offered to refund all your money if you cancelled a trip for any reason (up to a month after), even if you just didn't feel like going at that time. We did cancel a trip then and they refunded our money, no questions asked. I was very impressed with how they handled that situation.
Old Jul 17th, 2004, 04:32 AM

Travel Guard is a top-flight company that is the leader in the industry. In addition to that, there is a bit more than meets the eye: a deep commitment to making the world a better place on the part of its founder and CEO, John Noel. Having met with him on several occasions, I can tell you that this is a person who has gone well beyond simply business and is using his resources to help less fortunate groups of people in far-flung corners of the world. You can find information on this by portaling in through the parent company website instead of just going to Travel Guard website:

http://www.noelgroup.com/vision/makeamark.aspx

All other things being equal, this kind of thing is something good to know for those who share those kinds of values, as many travelers do.
Old Jul 17th, 2004, 08:07 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I've used TravelGuard but if you want to compare insurance try www.insuremytrip.com
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 01:05 PM

I have never used Travel Insured, but had a very good experience with Travel Guard. They were there to help when we needed it most!
Old Sep 3rd, 2004, 07:59 AM

If you are flying on any of the airlines currently in bankruptcy, check to be sure the company you're insuring with covers them. We've had great luck with CSA and TravelSafe. Look at them all at insuremytrip.
Old Sep 11th, 2004, 07:24 AM

In our area we use Blue Cross. A TA was kind enough to steer my parents away from the normal travel agent insurance package. They were travelling for five weeks. They got better coverage on an annual policy at a cheaper rate than the TA's five week offering. They dealt directly with Blue Cross, not through a TA. I suspect some of the TA packages are high because because of the two commissions in between-the wholesaler and the retailer.
Old Sep 11th, 2004, 12:29 PM
sandi

TAs don't get much in the way of a commission for a Trip Insurance policy sold - maybe $10. And while a company like Blue Cross might cover for your medical (maybe dental?) while on holiday, what about trip cancellation, interruption, evacuation, trip delay, lost/delayed luggage, even car rental coverage, etc.

We've never traveled without Trip Cancellation/Interruption insurance and consider the cost part of the total cost of the trip and peace of mind. Thankfully, we've never needed to use/contact any of those who have insured us.

But if you have pre-existing medical concerns, possbility of loosing job and not be able to go on the trip, bankruptcy of tour operator or airline, etc. you should read these policies carefully and choose accordingly.

Old Oct 12th, 2004, 07:20 AM

I have used Travel Insured. I have always gotton the best price and they cover at the limits that I want.
Old Aug 30th, 2006, 12:49 PM

depending on what you are looking for in travel insurance, those companies do offer coverage for your trip, both what you paid and perhaps some medical. but in event of pure medical emergencies, try a company like www.airmed.com