Search

The Maldives?

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2007, 08:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Maldives?

My fiance and I are considering a honeymoon to The Maldives. We live in New York, so it will be a considerable trip to get there.

Is it worth it?

Any suggestions you have will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Brian
Old Jun 17th, 2007, 01:01 PM

Hi

My wife and I went to the Maldives a couple of years back and it was great. It was the best beach destination that I have ever been to but note that there is not much else to do apart from relaxing, swimming, reading, snorkeling etc. Here is my trip report with lots of pictures: http://gardkarlsen.com/sun_island_index.htm

Regards
Gard
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Old Jun 26th, 2007, 01:21 AM

Honeymoon in Maldives is incredible, it is very romance and privately. Some resort you can use entire of island , the price that I remember is about 9000 USD per night, all area in Island will be your. Or you can stay in the water bungalow that is also private , you can check the list of resort and room type available in each resort from this site :

http://www.hotelsguru.com/maldives-male-hotels.html

There are many couples much choose Water Bungalow, if you're honeymoon, as I know all of resort they have the special thing such as Flower, Champagne, etc.
Old Aug 14th, 2007, 06:09 PM

These islands are heavenly, though for the price, you can get a lot more out of the carribean, considering your location and ticket costs. The islands are incredible though. You may want to do it, but also consider the virgin islands too.
Old Sep 1st, 2007, 04:41 AM

While the Maldives and Seychelles are beautiful, they're a long long way to go for a beach, and expensive properties to boot - oh, and the airfare.

It's much easier to get to these areas from Europe, but from the USA, those flights are long... very very long. But, if money is no object, go for it.

However, living in NY, where there are lovely beach areas much closer, you have lots of options - the Caribbean, Mexico, even Hawaii.

Old Sep 6th, 2007, 08:26 AM

Maldives is just what the doctor prescribedI think they have the most breathtaking of all atolls. Plus you'll have an entire island for yourself. You'll probably never want to return from your honeymoon

Happy Honeymoon