PRE SPRING CLEAN

Apr 7th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Original Poster

PRE SPRING CLEAN

PLEASE bring back the airlines forum rather than lump it under Smart Travel Tips.
Please can i ask other Fodorites to endorse this message so that the editors take note
Apr 7th, 2008, 09:44 PM

I agree!
Apr 7th, 2008, 10:57 PM

I agree also, 100% blightyboy. Hi mat!
Apr 8th, 2008, 02:49 AM

I'd like the Airlines forum back also - ASAP.
Apr 8th, 2008, 03:35 AM

What the heck does 'Support and Suggestions' mean? That is such a broad category, it's impossible to know what is meant to be posted here.

I miss airlines and solo traveler.
Apr 8th, 2008, 03:35 AM

Is this where you'd like us to post messages to the editors?
Apr 8th, 2008, 04:12 AM
cw

Yes, please bring back the Airline forum. It's very useful to those of us who fly for leirsure travel and who are not regulars on Flyertalk.
Apr 8th, 2008, 05:33 AM

Thank you for the feedback everybody-- to view the Airline threads only, you can select "Airlines" from the search topics. While this is not set in stone, I wanted to check that that topic list in this forum is appearing for everyone. Is anyone not seeing the search topics within this forum (smart travel tips)?
Apr 8th, 2008, 05:36 AM
esm

Katie, I can't see a "topic" section in the far right when I'm here. A search in the middle section "search" box for airlines brings ZERO hits.
Apr 8th, 2008, 05:47 AM

Katie - I followed a link to get here otherwise I would not be able to find this thread. Please take a look at this thread.
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...4&tid=35122109
Apr 8th, 2008, 05:49 AM

Let me add that when I posted just now that it appears in smart travel tips but the letters are so squenched together you can barely read them. Something isn't right.
Apr 8th, 2008, 05:55 AM

For Katie: I reached this thread because it was referenced in the Lounge. I see no "topics" listed anywhere in the new Smart Travel Tips forum. I see a total mish-mash of titles--topics ranging from spa info to surfboards to airlines.

I've been visiting the Fodor's site daily since late 1996. I feel as if someone has invaded my house and rearranged all my belongings to the extent that now I can't find anything! It's very disorienting.

To me, it's a case of "if it's not broken, don't try to fix it." There was nothing broken about the way this used to be. It doesn't need fixing. Along the same line of reasoning, why not throw "cruises" into the new section? Why did you choose to dismantle the popular airlines forum? Please reconsider your decision.
Apr 8th, 2008, 05:58 AM

...and by the way, what the heck does PRE SPRING CLEAN mean?
Apr 8th, 2008, 06:02 AM

Katie,
As I posted in the forum change thread on the lounge yesterday, selecting "airlines" under topics isn't going to work for pulling up all future airline related posts if posters don't initially select a topic, is it? I rarely select a topic when I post and I'm sure I'm not the only one. So how is that going to work unless you start requiring posters to select a topic when starting a thread?

I vote for bringing back the airline forum too!
Apr 8th, 2008, 06:39 AM

I never select a topic either. I see threads are being placed/moved to smart tips that really should stay on the Europe forum. This will not be a forum that people will visit to answer questions about Europe even if the question is about budget airlines in Europe. Europe car rental problems pertain only to Europe - not smart tips. Most of us have a very narrow focus and will not use but 2-3 forums and never visit the other forums. Therefore more questions will go unanswered if they get moved to smart tips. We are a lazy bunch and used friendly web sites need to be "one click".
Apr 8th, 2008, 07:06 AM

I had airlines set to favorites, and upon clicking it recently, was taken to a list of emoticons (several hundred i think). I thought the site had been hacked, so i deleted it. Good to know we still exist.
Apr 8th, 2008, 07:16 AM

Please bring back Airlines... or at least delete Cruises

Search this Thread