AirTags for your luggage: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2023, 12:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My suitcase arrived two weeks later than I did. The conveyor belt at check-in at Zürich airport broke down which caused a chain of unfortunate reactions that led to the long delay. The airlines (Icelandicair) had no idea where it was until a few days before I got it. At every stop between Zürich until my house, the luggage stayed for days. If I had had an airtag in my luggage, at least I would have known where it was and could have helped in finding it.

For my return trip, I bought an airtag, placed it in my luggage and was able to track it with the knowledge that it was on all my flights and arrived at the same time as I did. I could wait at baggage claim knowing that my suitcase would show, even if it was one of the last ones.

Old Aug 21st, 2023, 06:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, we are planning to get them for our upcoming travel in and out of Vienna for Danube rivercruise. We have been lucky so far always, but.....
Old Oct 3rd, 2023, 04:55 PM

Am thinking of getting air tags. Can you recommend a specific one? TIA
Old Oct 4th, 2023, 03:15 AM

Received 42 Likes on 2 Posts
I have been thinking of getting something similar as I do not own an iPhone. I’ve been lucky so far but did have missing luggage once and it was on my way home. My luggage didn’t make my flight due to a short connection from a delayed flight yet the person I was traveling with got theirs. What was worse was getting laughing smiling emoji texts from the airline telling me.
Old Oct 20th, 2023, 08:10 AM

I just got them.

very happy to track my bags!
Old Nov 18th, 2023, 09:35 PM

I’m interested in AirTags, but I do not own an iPhone nor a high-end Samsung Galaxy device It would be nice to have some peace of mind with my luggage, especially on international flights. I'll have to do some more research on alternatives.
Old Dec 5th, 2023, 07:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I have an Iphone and use airtags not for just luggage, but tucked away in my wallet and the glove compartment of my car (I go to a lot of concerts, and finding my car after a show can be problematic).

Story about the airtag in my wallet. I originally put one in behind a few credit cards, because we were headed in September to Italy and Sicily. Having been pickpocketed in Rome 30 years ago, I thought this would be a good idea. The good news is, I never did get pickpocketed, but I always knew where my wallet was.

Fast forward to November, when I flew up from L.A. to Berkeley for a football game. After a stunning (and surprising) victory, we went out to celebrate, then got on a bus to head back to our hotel. Had the wallet out to take out my Clipper card, but forgot to put it back in my purse. Had it in my lap. Then we rushed off the bus and headed to a bar before heading back to our hotel. Went to pay for the drinks and . . . no wallet! I suddenly realized I must have left it on the bus. So tracking my wallet on my iphone, I discovered not only that I had left it on the bus, but knew the exact location of the bus. Couldn't get hold of anyone in public transport after hours, I stopped the next bus to see if they could signal ahead to the bus that had my wallet. The bus driver could not do that, but the bus driver said the bus operates on a 30 minute loop and to go to the other side of the street and wait for the bus. I tracked my wallet getting closer and closer, and waved the bus down as it circled back. The bus driver smiled as I got on the bus and asked if he had my wallet. Apparently the lady sitting next to me on the bus discovered my wallet and turned it in, intact, to the driver. He pulled it out and handed it to me, and I thanked him deeply.

Such a relief, because I was getting on a plane the next day, and needed my driver's license; not sure what I would have done without my wallet except try using my digital driver's license that I got as part of California's new pilot program.

I am sooo glad I never took the airtag out of my wallet when I returned from Italy! Never will!
Old Dec 26th, 2023, 07:07 AM

Yup, they are great, especially in non-direct flights, or finding one's car, etc. Good investment we made.
Old Dec 27th, 2023, 06:10 AM

Received 42 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok interesting thing I have noticed so maybe those with air tags can explain.

i bought a pack before my trip in early December. I think they worked rather well but my luggage made it safely to me throughout the whole trip. When I got back, my friend took the one I let her use. Ever since she took it home it hasn’t been at her house. I even showed her and asked. It’s close to her but either a block or several houses away. It’s been in her garage and hasn’t moved. Mine with me shows my address so what gives? Did I get a bad one?