Global Entry Interview Issue

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2024, 11:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got Global Entry for myself but am having trouble getting it for my wife. Her application has already been approved, so the only thing needed is the interview. When we go to the page that lists interview locations and select "Linthicum (BWI Airport)" it always says "Appointments full thru:" then a date (right now it is saying February 29, 2024). This has been the case for the past two months.

When I scheduled my interview I had to do so about three months in advance, but there is no way to schedule an interview, just a notice saying that the appointments are full through a date.

We have left phone messages and emailed but not gotten a response, so we are clueless as to how one is able to get an interview when there are no options available for it.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any idea who I might be able to contact who would respond? The application has been paid for, accepted, now we are at a loss.

Thanks -

george
Old Jan 10th, 2024, 01:09 PM

Received 42 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn’t have this issue however, I think you only have 3 possible solutions:

1. Keep trying until something opens up and grab it.
2. Try another possible location and follow step one if you get the same thing.
3. Do you have an international trip planned? If so she can complete the interview on arrival with instructions listed on their website https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...llment-arrival.

i think someone started a website to alert a person when an appointment at their location became available but ai don’t recall it. Maybe someone else who reads this might and can post about it. Good luck.
Old Jan 12th, 2024, 05:30 AM
P_M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We had a similar problem when DH applied, as the airport in Austin had no appointments. We checked airports we could reach on a day trip and he was able to get an interview in San Antonio. This was an inconvenience but it was worth it in the long term.
Old Jan 12th, 2024, 08:15 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
If appointments are unavailable (and you aren't planning a trip as mentioned in sassy27's #3 point) you'll have to find another location.

I my case -- not totally applicable to you since its one the other side of the country: I'm in SMF and the nearest location is SFO. There were no appointments at SFO for months but LAX had openings in about 5 weeks so I booked a quick R-T flight . I flew to LAX essentially for brunch. Had the interview (less than 5 minutes in total including taking the photo), ate and flew home.