Xmas in Buenos AIres with our 3 Teenage daughters

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 04:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arriving Xmas day, any suggestions for us with our 3 teenage daughters? I have booked a private guide for 2 mornings, but would welcome some other ideas...thanks
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 11:20 AM

THIS Christmas? this Friday?

There is hardly anything open on Christmas Day .. so I think you might just have to stick to wandering the neighborhood and exploring on your own.
Make arrangements for a dinner somewhere, ask your concierge if you are staying in a hotel. If not, start looking for restaurants that will be open.

There are threads here and on TripAdvisor, discussing this subject.

Good luck !
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 12:42 PM
Original Poster

Scarlett, anything later on in the week that you think our girls would love?
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 02:56 PM

Take them to Palermo Soho. Give them money to shop. Go sit in a cafe and relax while they shop

Go to San Telmo ... shop eat and look for a Tango dancer or two.

I have no idea what they are interested in .. I would imagine you have done the research already. Once Christmas is past, things will be back to normal, with a lot of locals out of town on holiday.
I cannot believe we turned down a week on a campo ... I have to have my head examined lol
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 04:36 PM
Original Poster

thanks, we are staying in Palermo Soho so shopping wont be a problem for them! I will go with and leave my husband relaxing in the cafe... I have done all my research but its still nice to hear first hand from a resident!
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 05:53 PM

Oh that is perfect then... when you get tired of Soho and Viejo, then go to Recoleta and see the parks and museums. Be sure to take them to the Ferias if you are around on the weekend..
I love Sundays in Palermo if I want to do the outdoor markets and I love Recoleta on Sundays because it is quiet and peaceful everywhere except by the parks where the feria is .. there are bands and all sorts of interesting things.. so if you are here on Fri .. come to Recoleta on Sat or Sun .. stay in Palermo for the other day and I guess just wander on Friday ..
How long will you be here?
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 03:43 AM
Original Poster

we are staying for 4 nights and then going on to Bariloche..thanks for all your advice
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 04:45 AM

We went last Christmas with our teenagers and had the same itinerary -- stay in Palermo Soho, then down to Bariloche (also stayed in Villa La Angostura). My D LOVED Palermo and the shopping was great! I would also book an evening tango show. We went to Opera las Pampas, had tried to book the horse show (or whatever it was, i can't remember), but ended up with the tango, and my family absolutely loved it. I was sick that night, but they said it was great all around -- music, story, dancers, etc. My family that gets into NYC alot to hear music and see shows, so they are accustomed to high-quality entertainment.
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 11:23 AM
Original Poster

thanks so much.....anything to recommend in Bariloche?