Salta or Mar del plata

Search

Salta or Mar del plata

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2018, 02:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Salta or Mar del plata

I am planning for a trip to argentina. 4 days will be buenos aires, 3 days ushuia. I'm am undecided between one or the other with these 2 cities. I've been to beach cities, I'm not the type that goes in the water in the beach I've been to Puerto vallarta, cancun, dominican republic. I'm wondering if mar del playa is like that. In regards to salta I do love cities with history. I've been to colonial type cities. If any one has any opinions on these 2 cities please let me know. Would you go 2 days or 3 days to these cities.
Old Jul 31st, 2018, 07:03 AM

I haven’t been to Mar Del Plata but have spent a lot of time in Salta and the northwest of the country. The Salta is nice city but te real beauty of teh area is in the surrounding area where the scenery is stunning. However, it really requires a min of three days for a road trip of the area bookended with a night in Salta before and after. If you can squeeze that sort of time then go for it but I wouldn’t fly all the way to Salta just for a couple of nights in the city.

Iguazu Falls would be my first choice with that sort of time. Some photos of our time in both of those places on our blog https://accidentalnomads.com/categor...ica/argentina/

Alternatively, maybe a short trip to Uruguay by ferry to Montevideo or Colonia or both..
Old Aug 1st, 2018, 04:52 AM

I totally agree with crellston. Salta and the NOA are wonderful to visit, but really need 5 days to appreciate the area. Iguazu Falls is a fantastic, Unesco site (a real wonder of the world) that can be enjoyed in 2 nights, 3 days. I love UY, but would, with your time frame etc., opt for Iguazu Falls. Were I able to add a couple days, then the NOA, for sure. Mar Del Plata is beachy and a fine respite for Argentinos....