One day at Iguaza Falls

Search

One day at Iguaza Falls

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15th, 2018, 02:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One day at Iguaza Falls

We have one free day in Buenos Aires in mid-May. Would it be practical / worthwhile to try to see Iguazu Falls in one day by flying from Buenos Aires to Puerto Iguazu, arriving about 9:50 a.m. and departing 3:55 p.m.? If so what would be the quickest way to get from the airport to the falls?
We don’t mean to disrespect the Falls by asking about a one day visit. It’s just all the time we have.
Old Apr 16th, 2018, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by stevepeg02
We have one free day in Buenos Aires in mid-May. Would it be practical / worthwhile to try to see Iguazu Falls in one day by flying from Buenos Aires to Puerto Iguazu, arriving about 9:50 a.m. and departing 3:55 p.m.? If so what would be the quickest way to get from the airport to the falls?
We don’t mean to disrespect the Falls by asking about a one day visit. It’s just all the time we have.
It is possible but not really worthwhile IMO worthwhile. You could get a taxi direct from the airport to take you to the falls, wait for you And take you back to the airport but with check in times etc. you would be lucky to get 2-3 hours there. A major concern would be The reliability of airlines in Argentina. When we were last there they change our flight times six or seven times, the last time being whilst we were actually on our way to the airport!

Another concern is that the airport is apparently closed until mid May. I would double check when it is due to reopen as they will probably divert flights to Foz de Iguazu in Brazil
Old Apr 30th, 2018, 04:56 AM

I agree. To visit Iguazu Falls and not stay at least one night (preferably 2) is selling your self short. Six hours is not worth it in my opinion.
Old May 1st, 2018, 06:37 AM

I would be surprised if you could even do it given the airlines situations in Argentina. What happens if there is no flight back at 3:55 pm/ Do you miss a flight or cruise? The only way I'd do it would be if you have no issues with having another flight out from BA the same day , or if you are on a cruise tour excursion and they have to wait for you.
Old May 1st, 2018, 08:40 AM

Yeah, I wouldn't do same day - we'd stay at least one overnight, and we'd return to BA at least a full day before our departure for home. Don't need that added stress!
Old May 11th, 2018, 02:13 PM

Agree

I agree, one day, which by your flight hours is basically half a day, isn't enough for the Argentinan side of the falls, which is bigger than the one in Brazil (which I did in about 3 hours).
Old Jun 20th, 2018, 12:47 PM

With the flight there/return, you really do need a full day there. The boat trip to the Devils Falls is hilarious and fun! If it is possible to get an early morning flight and a late flight out, it would be possible. But overnight is the best idea. What if the flights are delayed or cancelled????