Notices

Living Heart - Ollantaytambo

Apr 27th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Original Poster

Living Heart - Ollantaytambo

I am looking for the trip report from the couple that reported on their long stay in the Sacred Valley, including working for Living Heart in Ollantaytambo for a month. There was some information in their report that I wanted & now cannot locate the report. Does anyone remember this report? If so, would appreciate being directed to it.
Apr 27th, 2010, 10:25 AM

Hve you tried the advance search function?
Apr 27th, 2010, 12:09 PM

Hi fball, That was probably my report but I couldn't find it either. If you click on my screen name you may have more luck than I! Alternatively, I may have just posted a link to our blog in one of my other posts. Here is the link:
http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog...ai/1/tpod.html
Entry 60 covers our time in Olly.

If you have any specific questions, I would be happy to help
Apr 27th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Original Poster

Thank you yestravel, I found crellston's report using the advanced search function for a second time. I really enjoyed reading your travel blog, crellston. I've been in touch with Living Heart to bring vitamins & school supplies when my family of 5 are in Ollantaytambo in June. I was searching for your travelpod because I was so intrigued by the story of your guide that I wanted to hire him for a tour of the Cuzco area. I found your blog by searching for "the best travel guide in Cuzco". I have emailed him but have not heard back from him yet. I hope he is available. I have now bookmarked your blog so that I won't lose it again!
Apr 28th, 2010, 12:32 AM

fball - Great thought to take supplies to Living Heart. I am sure Sonia will be very grateful (any old, warm clothes would also be appreciated!). As for Miguel he is an excellent guide but because works on his own he someteimes takes a few days to answer emails if he is out on a trek etc. In fact it was him that introduced us to Living Heart. At the end of the 3 day trek from Lares, when we couldn't walk another step, he sat us down at a table in front of Hearts Cafe with a couple of beers whilst he went off in search of a place for us to stay. Have a great time it is a wonderful part of the world.
Apr 28th, 2010, 10:43 PM

Hearts Cafe is two thumbs up! When I ate there, I also purchased a nice soft alpaca scarf that one of their families had made to support medical care for their child. Think of them and Ollanta everytime I wear it, which is often!

Search this Thread