Trip Report

Mar 26th, 2006, 04:13 AM
Original Poster

Trip Report

I thought some of you might be interested in the following article that appeared in our local paper today. It is a Tanzania trip report from our cartoonist.

http://floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dl...603260304/1005
Mar 26th, 2006, 07:16 AM

I enjoyed this article. Thanks for posting the link. I especially appreciated the fact he gave the pronunciation for Tarangire and Ngorongoro!
Mar 26th, 2006, 08:35 AM

Thanks so much for this Carrie - I haven't read it yet (just starting to work at the moment) but it looks wonderful - I love his sketch of the big five! Maybe I should add a blank notebook (no lines) to my packing list and try my luck at drawing! Actually, Gary Clarke said to do just that if I recall correctly, even if you couldn't draw.
Time is drawing so near now, Carrie, for both of us!
Mar 26th, 2006, 08:51 AM

Thanks for the link. I enjoyed the article.
Mar 26th, 2006, 09:07 AM

I especially liked the drawings, a component that is not usually part of a trip report. The Olduvai Gorge was my favorite.

His phonetic spellings were a good idea. While the people on this forum probably know how to pronounce Arusha and such, his audience may not. A lot of times when I read about exotic, hard to pronounce places, I wish a phonetic guide would accompany them.
Mar 26th, 2006, 10:41 AM
bat

Carrie:
Thanks for the post. I read the article this morning but then ran out of time to post--and I am glad that I did because I had not seen his sketch book until I saw Lynda's reply. Loved the "casting an odd shadow" and the "paparazzi" cartoons.

Lynda, carrie--how soon is it?
Mar 26th, 2006, 03:17 PM

bat-
Two months today, but then who's counting???
Carrie leaves on the day we return - or sometime around that day, which is June 16th.
I just can't believe it - two months - the time is now racing! We got our bags in last week from Micato (HUGE! - but what a great bag) so I am 'test' packing already....

Search this Thread