Search

Itinerary feedback is needed - Rio, Iguazu, Buenos Aires

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2018, 11:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Itinerary feedback is needed - Rio, Iguazu, Buenos Aires

Hello,

I would like to get a feedback on the following itinerary. We are a couple in late 50s going to South America for the first time. We are catching a cruise out of Buenos Aires on Dec 23-24. We are planning to get to Rio first, then to Iguazu falls and then to BA. The cruise starts in BA on Dec 23 and stays there overnight departing on Dec 24. So the plan is
Dec 17 – arrive to Rio at 10:30 AM. Estimate we get to the city around 1 PM.
Dec 17 afternoon – tour Rio with a private guide.
Dec 18 – tour Rio with a private guide.
Dec 19 – early flight to Iguazu, Brazilian side. Get a private car and see Braziilian side of the falls and Bird Park. Drive to Argentine side by the evening to the hotel. We are planning to stay on Argentine side.
Dec 20 – see the falls from Argentine side and fly to BA in the late afternoon. Or fly to BA next day, Dec 21 morning.
Dec 21,22,23, 24 – Buenos Aires.
Check into the cruise on Dec 23 afternoon and then continue touring BA as the cruise departs on Dec 24.

Is it too long for BA and too short for other places? Our flight to Rio is finalized and ticketed but flights to and from Falls are still flexible.
Thank you in advance!
Old Jun 4th, 2018, 03:28 AM

I have never been to Rio but would suggest that a day and a half is not enough to provide anything other than a taster of any major city. I would therefore probably take away from BA and add it to Rio.

We spent a month over Christmas and New Year in BA a few years ago and loved it. However, I do have a recollection that everything started closing down on the 24th so you may want to bear that in mind in planning your BA time
Old Jul 12th, 2018, 07:27 PM
Original Poster

Bringing it to the top.
I would like to hear from people who visit Rio and BA
Old Jul 13th, 2018, 02:24 AM

It depends on your interests. I've visited both and liked Rio much more. Stayed in Rio for 6 nights and thought it was just enough although I would not have mind an additional night or two. Had 5 nights in BA and 3-4 would have been enough. I would also recommend an additional night at Iguazu as it takes a full day and half to explore the Argentinian side of the park. What you have for the Brazilian side seems fine.
Old Jul 19th, 2018, 06:11 PM

bookmarking