Search

Iguazu falls

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iguazu falls

We are considering taking a side trip to the falls...arriving from the US into EZE airport, but noticing that all flights depart out of J Newbury airport to the falls. Is it easy to get from one airport to another? Also, flights and hotels are expensive!! Is it so amazing that we would be sorry not to see it? We have been to Victoria falls in Africa...loaded question, I know...thanks for your help!!
Old Nov 15th, 2010, 04:31 PM

the falls r awesome. as eleanor roosevelt said when she first saw them , "poor niagara"!. the park like all the other argentinian np's we saw is beautifully conceived in a way that let's u see the wonder w/o destroying it ( banff townsite anyone yick)

we paid to stay @ the sheraton in the park in the less expensive jungle view rooms . the park "closes" @ 6pm, but one evening i just wandered in @ 6pm. also nice to b there @ dawn.

as we say in BC: supernatural!

cheers
AndrewDavid
Old Nov 15th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Original Poster

do you know anything about getting from one airport to another?
Old Nov 15th, 2010, 07:18 PM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
IF is spectacular and u shouldn't miss it. U can take a car service from EZE to Newbury. Currently Newbury is closed and all flights are going in and out of EZE, Not sure when Newbury is reopening.
Old Nov 15th, 2010, 11:02 PM

Is it worth it? definaitely yes! Here area few photos of our time there:

http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog...0400/tpod.html

As for getting there, yes, airfares are exhorbitant in Argentina partly because foreigners are charged c 3 x the locals fare. The alternative is to go by bus. It does take some time but they are extremely comfortable and efficient and most long trips can be done overnight thus saving on accomodation costs. There are loads of places to stay in Puerto Iguazo not all are expensive. We stayed at http://www.marcopoloinniguazu.com/
I think it cost around $50US and the room was spacious , clean, AC etc.
Old Nov 22nd, 2010, 06:26 AM

Yes, a trip to the falls is definitely worth it. I have also been to Victoria Falls, and had a "wow" moment the minute I saw Iguazu.

Traveling between the airports is very easy. There is bus service between the two that runs I believe every hour. For both of my international flights I had to transfer to the domestic airport, and it was incredibly easy. I can't recall the name of the bus service, but there will be windows advertising the transfer as soon as you land.