How many days in Argentina?

Old Feb 6th, 2014, 06:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many days in Argentina?

I know this is a broad question but is a week enough for Argentina? We want to spend time in Buenos Aires and friends we are traveling with want to go to Patagonia...what are the best places to visit in Argentina and any hotel recommendations?

Thank you! We are also thinking of going in November...is that a good time to vist?

Thanks again.
Old Feb 6th, 2014, 07:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A week for BsAs AND Patagonia seems too short to me, although I suppose it is logistically possible if you just fly to El Calafate and back. You could very easily spend a week in either, plus you would miss the Iguazu falls, and the wine growing region around Mendoza, and Salta....

November is fine - before the really high season gets underway and not too cold in Patagonia.
Old Feb 7th, 2014, 04:06 PM

I would say that consider at least five days or six in the NW of Argentina. If you like good food, amazing sceneries, culture, wines and great weather all year round... Do not skip Salta and the NW. You will never regret...
I promise!
Flintstones...
Old Feb 10th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Original Poster

okay...now I am rethinking this. We were thinking of going in November but I can't really do more than a week at that time...would you say that February or March is an okay time to go?
Old Feb 10th, 2014, 12:09 PM

February is high summer and March begin to get chilly as autumn sets in. I love both months in Buenos Aires.

I think the idea of BsAs and Patagonia, in one week, is not going to be a vacation.

Now that you are re-thinking your travel plans, how much time do you think you might have ? The Northwest is lovely, but does warrant at least 5 days; Iguazu Falls is fabulous, but needs 2 days to get there, really see it, and, if you can, see the Brazilian side of the Falls also.

Buenos Aires is, IMO a wonderful city to explore for as many days as you can....and there are day-trips or short side-trips if you decided not to take the longer, more expensive trips, above.

Have fun planning and reading and asking questions
Old Feb 10th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Original Poster

Thanks very much....lots to think about....sounds like November really is the ideal time to go.
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 04:30 PM

You Will find the NW of Argentina very interesting. Have a look to Salta and Jujuy and make your own research...
Flintstones