Hotels with lifts/elevators in Valparaiso

Mar 2nd, 2019, 09:36 AM
Original Poster

Hotels with lifts/elevators in Valparaiso

My husband and I are seniors and cannot carry luggage up and down stairs. Do you know any hotels with lifts/elevators. We had originally booked at Palaceo Astoreca, but cannot find out if they have a lift. I understand that the porters are not always there.... Hence, it is important that we have a lift/elevator at the hotel.

Any help in assisting us find a hotel with a lift would be very apprciated
Mar 2nd, 2019, 12:33 PM

If you use sites like booking.com you can filter for things like elevators, 24 hour front desk, handicap accessibility, etc etc so you should be able to pinpoint which properties would work for you.

(Hint -- if one packs light it really helps )

(Another hint: you can contact the hotel directly and ask)
Mar 2nd, 2019, 05:09 PM

There is a newish Ibis hotel near the waterfront that has elevators and might be a better location for someone with mobility issues than a location in the hills. I hope you do realize that the more interesting parts of Valparaiso are up in the hills. Some sites can be reached by taxi or private tour, though you probably won't be able to enjoy all of the graffiti art sites. IIRC both of the Neruda houses have stairs, probably Isla Negra would be easier, but go early since the lines can be long. Ask for a chair to sit while you wait. The tour is go at your own pace so can be managed, I think.

Another option might be to stay nearby in Viņa del Mar which has modern hotels and is flat, although more sterile than Valparaiso.

Last edited by mlgb; Mar 2nd, 2019 at 05:12 PM.
Mar 3rd, 2019, 02:02 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your good ideas. I will look for a private guide. If you have anyi suggestions, that would be terrific.

Mar 3rd, 2019, 04:18 AM

The Hotel Astoreca on its website under Amenities = General says Lift. That is an elevator.
https://www.hotelpalacioastoreca.com/en-gb/amenities

I would still email the hotel to confirm that you would have a room easily accessed by a lift. In old, restored properties there can sometimes be a combination of lift plus a few stairs to a room.