Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > go-today "taste of italy"..which hotels to choose

go-today "taste of italy"..which hotels to choose

Aug 17th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Original Poster

go-today "taste of italy"..which hotels to choose

I was thinking of booking the Taste of Italy go-today package (includes Venice-Florence-Rome). Has anybody been on one and which hotels did you choose? There is a range from A-E. While I don't need the ultimate in luxury, I would like it to be clean and close to major attractions
Aug 17th, 2004, 08:03 PM

I would look at tripadvisor to check out the hotel options they list to get an idea of which you might consider. Then repost here with ? about specific hotels.
Aug 18th, 2004, 04:47 AM

Try to find out which hotel is the most central and choose that one. It gives you more options for your free time than if your hotel is far away from the action. Each hotel's Web site should give you an idea where it is located, although the information is not always totally reliable.
Aug 18th, 2004, 05:09 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the tips. I will check tripadvisor
Aug 18th, 2004, 05:52 AM

I did a go-today trip a few years ago (to London) and picked their cheapest hotel and it was fine. The air and hotel package was far cheaper than I could put together myself. Was very happy with the service. The hotel location was as good as any of the others.

But the next year I looked into their Paris trip and wouldn't have stayed in any of those hotels - didn't like any of the locations. Booked my own trip for quite a bit less than they were offering.

So they CAN be a great deal, or not. Just do the research on the hotels, locations, and what price you could do the trip for yourself.

Search this Thread