Help with local travel agency

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2022, 02:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We want to go to Mendoza and Iguazu Falls and we are looking for an excellent travel agency or agent to work with. Either US or Argentina or Brazil based. Our budget is flexible. Thank you for your assistance.
Old Oct 10th, 2022, 04:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know about Mendoza, although the same is probably true, but an agency is overkill for Iguazu. Fly in and out, get around by bus or taxi. Guide totally unnecessary for the falls, where you follow the boardwalks. If money is no object you can stay inside the parks, although you might feel isolated at night.
Old Oct 12th, 2022, 09:00 AM

Using a US or Argentine based travel agency would be a VERY expensive way of visiting the country. i.e. more than double the cost of doing it independently. The Argentine economy has been a basket case for years meaning that there is an alternative fx market operating known as the "blue dollar rate" which offers fx at nearly double the official rate. Factor in TA profit margins too and you can perhaps see why this would be expensive. If you are happy paying that sort of premium fine but I would suggest finding an agent in the US rather than Argentina to avoid potential issues with financial stability, security of monies paid etc.

Having said that, there was this recent post dealing the services of one agent/tour operator Argentinian Resource Isobel is known to me as someone who has been around for years. I know an Isobel who was recommended by an Argentine friend I am just not sure it is the same person. I don't want totable hime at present as he has been seriously ill of late.

I also agree that engaging an agent is uneIt is very easy to organise your own trip if you have the time. You would need some time in Buenos Aires at the beginning and end of your trip and three nights would be enough time for most in Iguazu to visit both the Argentina and Brazilian falls.

Not a great fan of Mendoza but assume you are there primarily for the wine? if so you may want to contemplate Salta Province in the northwest which has some incredible scenery and is more convenient for Iguazu.

Some photos an detail of some of the time we have spent around there over the years https://accidentalnomads.com/categor...ica/argentina/

Last edited by crellston; Oct 12th, 2022 at 09:05 AM.
Old Oct 24th, 2022, 08:34 AM
mjs

I have used Isabel at Buenos Aires tours twice. The last for Patagonia and find that she makes everything easier and gets me better prices in some circumstances. See link in earlier post by someone else. I do all of my own bookings in Europe and Asia but find Isabel quite valuable for Argentina and Chile.
Old Oct 24th, 2022, 09:24 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your helpful reply.
Best,
Jeanne
Old Oct 24th, 2022, 09:26 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the information. You have provided some helpful information & I appreciate your link on your travels there.
Jeanne